First Build! ESB with AM 2.0

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures. Now I have a better idea of how to make mine. It's hard getting this to fit good when you're a healthy trooper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6' 265 lbs here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jacob, great progress!

Just wanted to help improve the ammo belt.  When you have a moment, please move the two covers closer to the edges.

I had to redo several ammo belts after learning more about the correct placements.

move-covers_zpsujcsrkc0.jpg

Here's a guide below

33060478080_8de5803ce6_z.jpg

One of the screen references.

gallery_14191_17_11691.jpg

Keep up the great work!

Hello Jacob, great progress!

Just wanted to help improve the ammo belt. When you have a moment, please move the two covers closer to the edges.

I had to redo several ammo belts after learning more about the correct placements.

move-covers_zpsujcsrkc0.jpg

Here's a guide below

33060478080_8de5803ce6_z.jpg

One of the screen references.

gallery_14191_17_11691.jpg

Keep up the great work!

Thanks. I was using old measurements from a ukswrath build and found out later that they were off. I'll fix those when I get a chance.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Big day! Woke up to a message telling me that I am approved at TK-14256

62fbbe5e531b108452e2fe3a5c1b2a77.jpg

Still need to adjust some things for higher levels, especially my side straps so that the pieces coming from the kidney section covering my sides don't stick out wider that my ab section. Pretty excited, though, as this is my first build of anything like this. cf142007751cd512f665cefcd6ea7bbb.jpg26cdcea8cf652d653dc16b3f09ea71cd.jpg48db9755ae50370b2932a1c8eb79493c.jpgcf73884650edd7269618ea3171bd845a.jpg54c11031763cc7e07c4c92989e031005.jpg

Also went to my first troop (unofficially) at a Bowl For Kids Sake event with a Star Wars theme for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Can't wait to troop as an approved TK, now!

• 4 months later...

I used ukswrath anovos and his am 1.0 build thread and just disregarded the anovos and 1.0 specific stuff. Also sharkbait and Navajo Bros. Builds are pretty much the same regardless of armor maker, except for a couple small things.

• Like 1

I did watch a couple videos just to get an idea of what I was I doing (had never done anything remotely like this before). TrooperBay has a nice series of videos. I watched all of those for his sandy (again I was just watching to see how to cut and fit and do cover strips, etc). Something like “building accurate stormtrooper armor” on YouTube

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2017 at 6:40 PM, BuckeyeTrooper said:

There are others who have explained it better but don't fasten the brow together at all. I used two rivets to attach at the ears and one on each cheek just above the tube. The ear covers them cover those rivets when attached. I only used the six longer, flat head screws - one above and below the ear bumps and one at the bottom of the ear piece where t attaches to the bottom of the tube on each side.

Here's an example of the rivet placement I found in a building group on Facebook. This is he same helmet. Some people use the other screws for temporary hold until they have it all fitting together the way they want. Then they replace with the rivets

5d62f01dad8ab31809a07de2215be9d4.jpg

What is the name of the armor building page on facebook? Sounds interesting.

11 minutes ago, Malace said:

What is the name of the armor building page on facebook? Sounds interesting.

There is the Anovos Stormtrooper Kit Building Group, TK Armor's Costuming Group (specific to AM Armor), WTF: Walt's Trooper Factory and tons more. Walt has some good helmet building videos and Eric Dyck has posted some great videos on assembling helmets in various groups, but he's easily found on the TK Armor page.

I enjoy hearing ideas and opinions on different armors and seeing people build their kits, so I join new groups all the time. Once you join one, it seems Facebook likes to suggest others. 

7 minutes ago, BuckeyeTrooper said:

There is the Anovos Stormtrooper Kit Building Group, TK Armor's Costuming Group (specific to AM Armor), WTF: Walt's Trooper Factory and tons more. Walt has some good helmet building videos and Eric Dyck has posted some great videos on assembling helmets in various groups, but he's easily found on the TK Armor page.

I enjoy hearing ideas and opinions on different armors and seeing people build their kits, so I join new groups all the time. Once you join one, it seems Facebook likes to suggest others. 

Thanks so much...currently building AM 2.0 ANH stunt and all the pictures and videos I can find help a ton:D Eric's videos rock, helped a ton with my bucket. Following you now :popcorn:

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:29 AM, Malace said:

Thanks so much...currently building AM 2.0 ANH stunt and all the pictures and videos I can find help a ton:D Eric's videos rock, helped a ton with my bucket. Following you now :popcorn:

Thank you for the complement just trying to help out others