Anovos Release for Q1

Garrett803

Anovos pretty much ships on their own schedule.  In the meantime, I would concentrate on the various build threads available here, especially Tony's (ukswrath) which has become the "go-to" site for Anovos builds. Hopefully you will be aiming for EIB and Centurion level, (not that hard to do).  Here are a few tips:

1.  While Anovos has a fantastic holster, the canvas belt that comes with it is,... uhhh.. garbage.  Check out the "For sale" section and get a quality one.

2.  Don't be tempted to use the Velcro strapping system that comes with it.  Velcro wears out over time with use, so I would go with the snap system.  If you need details on this, just PM me.

3.  While waiting for Big Brown Box day, get all of your build supplies in order.  I have a thread that can help:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

4.  When your kit arrives, start a build thread with photos.  Most of us (including myself) had a lot of questions, and if you should have any, a picture really is worth a thousand words.

5.  Know that we are here to help.

Maybe I just got lucky. I ordered a complete ANH TK kit in April last year and I got it two weeks later. I guess with all of the new kits they are making for the latest movies they are probably taking on a lot more than they are used to.

FWIW I read on the Anovos FB build group of someone Sydney (Australia) based who ordered in mid-August and had their TK kit shipped in November (IIRC).

Based on their history this was probably the exception rather than the norm.

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

I ordered my TK in August and I would just be happy if I get it and have it completed before the next SW Celebration. I've heard stories of horrible delays with Anovos. However, I have been looking at the threads too so I could hit the ground running when it comes. Ukswrath's "Go-To" is an amazing thread!

• 1 month later...

I feel for their customer service staff. Fans can be a real PITA to deal with, but if they communicated better and held true to their commitments, the number of queries could be minimised. The customer experience is not great.

By this stage I'd expect us all to be receiving at least an estimated week of despatch. Perhaps my expectations are too high.

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

They aren't the problem. They said q1. Thats not over. The problem is impatient people flooding them with tickets and complaining it takes too long for a response. I'd love to work for their call centre. Talk time averages would be a minute, most promised times are 5-7, so the bonuses would be huge.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Anovos customer chat yesterday and got a different answer than I had been getting.  instead of the "it is still on schedule for Q1 delivery"  they said that the kits were en route and will be shipping in march.  I guess that's kind of the same thing, but it just sounded like it will be soon if they can hold the delivery date. 

When ever a company says Q1 or H1 or something like that always take it as they will use every single day of that time. I remember with my kit people were getting upset as it was due "Winter 2015", but the Winter of 2015 will run well into 2016. In that case it was Feb 2016 when it shipped.

Vague timescales are important for a company like this that is reliant on exported labour which then has to be transported across an ocean before final distribution. All of which is hard to control and liable to delays.