Safe paint removal from abs armour

thatsnotamoon

There is also a product called "Detailing clay" or "Cleaning clay" which is used to remove surface materials like paint overspray, etc. from car finishes without damaging them.  You can probably find it on Amazon or the like.

• Like 2

Mineral Spirits will also remove paint from ABS in harmless and effective fashion.

There really are a few options, as you can see.  Also, it is great to hear that you're going to be removing the overspray from your ANOVOS bucket.  Simple little things like that make a huge difference in the appearance of your armor in the long run.  Good stuff!!

• Like 1

There is also a product called "Detailing clay" or "Cleaning clay" which is used to remove surface materials like paint overspray, etc. from car finishes without damaging them. You can probably find it on Amazon or the like.

You can also get detailing clay from auto parts stores such as Pep Boys, AutoZone and places like that.

Hi

I have anovos armour and need to remove frown overspray on to helmet.

I'm in the uk and new to know safest and best product to use please :)

Thanks forum folk

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

For the Anovos helmet paints I used a mix of humbrol enamel thinners (Hobby craft), Isoproyl Alcohol (local pharmacy) and white spirit.  I think I cover what I used for what bits in my build thread, see my sig.  Be warned the thinners will chew through the transfers for the traps and stripes REALLY easily.

edit:  from http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35424-themaninthesuitcase-anovos-ahn-stunt-build/?p=477552 " The frown was removed using the Humbrol enamel thinners."

You don't need to go as far as I did though, I chose to do a full repaint.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase