ANH Stunt EIB Question

So I am looking to make my suit EIB ready and eventually Centurion. My question is about the kidney armor and shims when it comes to the rivets. Before I added the shims I had the three rivets on the right side, but after realizing I needed to shim, I removed them. Now I am trying to determine if I need to place them back where I had them on the kidney armor itself, or on the shim in the approximate place where the shim meets with the abdomen armor?

Any help would be appreciated. 20170102_213410_zpse8basbts.jpg

20170102_213549_zpszjtfnrek.jpg

ABS paste is pretty easy to make and use, Jake.  If you need some assistance with that just PM me.  Great to hear that you are aiming for EIB!!!

• Like 1

That is correct, Jake.  The rivets are the 5/16ths head bifurcated (split) type.  For exact measurements, I would refer to Tony's Anovos build, located here on page 20 :  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-20?hl=%2Brivet+%2Bplacement#entry466149  Scroll down about 5 posts for photos.

If you need a set of them, just let me know via PM and I will hook you up, no charge.

• Like 1

The guys have given you solid advise Jake, but I would like to mention another element to watch out for. Unfortunately I'm on Tapatalk and away from my PC so can't add images so hopefully what I am about to say makes some sense.

You should alway work out the positioning on your side rivets on the Ab side first. This way you make sure they are evenly spaced out and on the side part, not on the lowest section which is the cod section. When looking at your kidney piece and the location of the lowest rivet, it looks like the corresponding ad rivet may end up down on the lower cod section and not on the actual ab side ( COD = below the step down from ab to cod). Am I making sense.

If not I will upload some images tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk