PistolPete's HWT Build Thread

The best advice for you Pete is to head to the Advanced Tactics section and look up the approved AM Centurion photos. Between that and the CRL will get you going. Great choice with the HWT. Good Luck with your build!

• Like 2

Good to see you creating a build thread Pete. I have already shared some of my photos. I would also take Randy's advice and head on over to the Advanced Sections tab!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That pack is looking GREAT, Peter!  Outstanding job on the weathering, brother... not too much, not too little.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good Luck! It seems that your thighs look huge! If there to big you can get that bell look when you walk. The pack came out great! Can't wait to see more pictures!

• Like 1

Hey Peter,

How big are your legs in the thigh area?  if there's extra room the whole way, you could try cutting material from both sides on the back and regluing the cover strip.  If they're a tight fit at the top but a smaller fit at the knee, you might need to cut them at a slight angle the way down to give them a tapered look that way.  

Your thighs do look to be hanging at different lengths; what are you using to support them?  Your right thigh strap might need to be smaller.

Had to do this for both my own AP set and my husband's set because the thighs fit us way too wide.

There's some picture examples in my build thread:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37704-alays-anh-stunt-build-ap-first-build/page-8#entry516898

Hey Peter, When I saw the pictures the first-time it seemed like your left thigh was even bigger then your right. If you look at shin to thigh area they need to almost be the same width to make the look of a joint. I would suggest tapering the backs in on shins, if you can. And then taper thigh to that width if that makes sense to you. Don't taper to much, it would look funny. Plus you could work on height of thighs after as Sarah has suggested. Love the pack Future HWT Brother!