ANH Hero Bulid Request / approval for 501st Modification

Starwheels

Hi there I'm James i live in sydney australia, This Question Is For The Global GML's To Answer For Me Please,

i'm looking at buliding a ANH TK for the 501st but here's the main problem i've always wanted to me a TK but due to my disabitily as i'm in a manual wheelchair

i wouldn't be able too wear the butt plate as i would end up with pressure sores as i sit on a seat designed for people with my type of disabitily & as i'm in my chair 12-16 hrs a day

would like to know how i could mod a TK kit so a person in a manual can wear one, i've always wanted too wear one & before i ended up in the chair i had just had bought a kit too make one

2 weeks later i was in the spinal ward of our local hospital & ever since then i've always wanted to become a TK but up till now had no idea how too make one plus when i ended up in the chair i had bigger

things i had too worry about as back then i needed to learn how to use the chair & had too learn how to live life from sitting down all the time & not been able too talk no more

i was talking too 1 of the command staff with the SCG on the phone & they told me to put in a post here asking if the Global GML's for permmison on how i can do modification to a TK Kit & have it

approved so i can use it in 501st due to myself been in a manual wheelchair & i'm only on ssi so i dont have a lot of funds too play with due too been on limited funds & not wanting to buy another TK kit

if i cant get approval to mod the kit to use in the 501st i hope the Globel GML's can give me some good news as i've always wanted too be a TK & it was taken away from me when i ended up in the manual wheelchair

hope to hear a reply back soon

James

Sydney

Southern Cross Garrison Member

Currently Working on a Biker Scout Kit ( its almost complete )

I expect you will not only need to leave off the butt plate, but to modify the upper legs, too.

They are notorious for poking in your underbelly if one tries to climb stairs or tries to sit.

And it might be a good idea to split the AB-Plate in two pieces.

In my opinion sitting in a wheelchair shouldn't keep you from getting into the 501st as a TK.

• Like 2

Hi James.

I'm embarking on my first kit build like you and I'm also a physio who works with chair based individuals like yourself. Happy to share any eureka moments as I have them whilst building my kit.

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

would love to know how to mod everything before i even think about buying the TK Kit & if it would be be approved so i can use it in the 501st

James

Sydney

Hi James. I'm New to this like yourself so couldn't possibly say if 501st accepted if modded. But I can see it from perspective of being able to be worn when in chair. Is your chair powered or manual?

i'm in a manual wheelchair i'm known as a T12/L1 incomplete paraplegic have no leg movement but have very good balance but i dont go past were i know my balance point is

James

i'm in a manual wheelchair i'm known as a T12/L1 incomplete paraplegic have no leg movement but have very good balance but i dont go past were i know my balance point is

James

Ok so you would obviously be seated in the armour so as someone already said certain parts of armour such as butt plate would need adaption. Also width of uppers legs/ way legs put together need to be adapted for comfort above anything else. Maybe wide white elastic material on back of upper legs and factor in some low density foam material for cushioning. Most important of all speak to 501st first about your options and in the meantime and moving towards happy to help with ideas :)

Am I right in thinking you wear no body brace?

a body brace ROFL not had one of them on for years & hate thoughs bloody things ... lol

i only had to wear mine for the first few yrs of when i was new too been in a wheelchair

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi james weve talked privately but ive found you here so ill say again what i said there.

Modifying the Tk for my Garrison would be no issue.

I can sit in my kit and I know others can as well.  some sit more comfortably than others.

in my Garrison we would handle it like this:

Id want you to have the full suit for pictures to show you had it (butt plate and TD) we could work with you to see how best to take those pictures, however at troops we would be perfectly Ok with you leaving the butt plate off and the TD.  You would be sitting no one would see those.

speaking from my own viewpoint, I can sit in mine, but its a bit like a very pregnant lady does, so not Ideal.  

What I would need to do for my suit to sit comfortably is abandon the original strapping method (which isnt required anyway).  Once i did that my cod and ab and kidney could then go up under my chest when i was sitting.  basically do not attach the cod ab and kidney to the chest and back at all so it would almost telescope in and out.  id need to trim the top of the thighs to a point they could comfortably bend at a right angle.  again this is no big deal you would trim them a little bigger than you needed them at the top then use a heat gun or heat iron tofold down the edge to make a return edge (we have had to do this for some of our very short troopers).  the back of the thighs and calves where they bend would also need to be trimmed in an arc to allow the better bending of the legs.  Mine are like this anyway as its perfectly allowed and even seen many times in the movie as the stunt guys did this to be able to actually move.

If those mods were made you could sit comfortably (probably may need more adjustment as you try it out) and would need some help to get dressed (we all need a little usually) but a helper could get the legs on easy then the torso would go just go on while in the chair then the chest and back would go on like a shirt over your head, then slide the arms up.  

It woudl take a little work, and you may need a little help, but I don't see the chair as a problem with approval or wearing a tk.  

If at all possible if your local guys had someone close to you and close to your size you could arrange a meet and greet and they could  test fit bits on and get a feel for just what would need to be modified.

My garrison has made a 6 foot 8 tk and a 4 foor 8 tk and large and skinny and everything in between.  If you have anon tk standard body type its more work, but its doable, and if the only hurdle is you have to sit down, well the CRL never said that a TK has to stand around. 

Hope this helps.  Id say grab a suit, start a build thread and seek advise here as you go.  honestly very minor modifications would be needed.

Edited by rhapsodyred99