Gun Rack for Blasters with some modifications

T-Jay

On 17/08/2017 at 9:44 PM, Dracotrooper said:

What a phenomenal addition to your already awesome gun rack build, although it brought it's unique challenges - I'm sure you will have a working solution soon! Following =)

Hi Jesse, thanks for stopping by. It took a while but yes, I had an idea as you will see in the next posting...

On 22/08/2017 at 1:55 PM, Addertime said:

Very cool idea and awesome execution!

Thank you Michael. Glad to hear you like it. :)

Edited by T-Jay

Update #07        - Found a way

When I came across this cabinet at work, there had actually been two of them. So I still had the option to use the backdoor from the second cabinet. Just had to get rid of the venting slots to install glass there. Used this opportunity to transfer some design from the gun rack onto the cabinet door…

36658059321_8c63173e23_b.jpg

Bought a sheet of Polycarbonate (t=3mm) and glued it to the door with clear double-sided adhesive tape. Removed the protection cover, added the lock and a foam seal to close the gap between both doors and the cabinet.

36797307235_b417249713_b.jpg

36658059211_6e4887b238_b.jpg

Then added front door, gun rack, 3 blasters plus some collector items and placed my TK mannequin next to it.

36626855522_99530b4a3d_o.jpg

Yes, the cabinet looks a bit empty and I am still thinking about ways to fill it. There is enough space to install 3 identical gun racks for a total of 9 blasters (like Bapty, real Sterling, ESB and ROTJ versions, maybe a Rogue One version and so on). Alternatively the dimensions allow the storage of 2 or 3 BFGs below that gun rack. :D Not promising anything now but maybe an update will follow in a few months (or years). Anyway, for the moment I call this project done. Thanks everybody for reading and commenting.

Enjoy your weekend Troopers and Cadets :smiley-sw013:

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

10 hours ago, ABomb said:

Now I have a project...

Alan, let me know if you need any detail info or additional measurements. Still have another set of those two circuit boards here and I am not sure, if I will ever need them. Depending on what you plan to build, I can forward these to you. Just drop me a PM of you want.

• 1 year later...

Update #08        - Equipping the cabinet

Since the installation of the blaster rack inside that steel cabinet, I thought about ways to fill it with Star Wars stuff. The LEGO collection was too big :rolleyes: and looked wrong there, but the good thing on this cabinet is the flexibilty. Number and position of shelves can be changed at any time to meet future requirements.

During the last years I came across different blaster stands here on FISD with individual styles and always wanted to build some myself. Apart from this, that would be something much more suitable for this cabinet. I thought about two blaster stands with a design based on the existing gun rack. So here is what I did.

31635303607_19ef25820b_b.jpg

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

You never cease to truly amaze me, Tino.  Any ideas on a rack that can hold 3 different types of weapons? I need something to hold my E-11, DLT 19 and T-21.  

Thanks for the kind words, Joseph. :)

23 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

(...)   Any ideas on a rack that can hold 3 different types of weapons? I need something to hold my E-11, DLT 19 and T-21.  

Hm, not that easy as all these weapons have absolutely different dimensions. First thing in my mind is a wall mounted type of rack, where you can hang your blasters vertically. But then, it would need some sort of lock or barrier to prevent dropping them. Give me some time to think about it. If I come around with a useful idea, I will send you a PM.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

Awesome!  I thought about designing one that would mount them horizontally, but due to limited wall space they have to be vertical.  Any ideas would be appreciated, and no rush.

Holy mother of all blaster racks! Tino, amazing ideas put into practice here. I love the continued theme using the circuit boards. These stands look fantastic, well done!  Above and beyond as always! 

• Like 1

Okay, here are some close ups of the stands after equipping them with E-11 blasters. Below is the small fat stand.

31870923647_563dfb9005_b.jpg

And here the slim wide one (looks better in my opinion).

46812450171_946da1b3db_b.jpg

The top view shows the different dimensions and positions on the base:

46759951102_341a24c3a7_b.jpg

While one stand was meant to sit on the bottom of the large cabinet, the second stand required a shelf to rest on. Another MDF board seemed a bit simple to me, so I added two drawers, which I had found at work and painted them. These are perfect for smaller things like scopes and my counters.

46759949132_2620a182ef_b.jpg

And this is what it now looks like with everything in there:

46759946262_ba6133fb84_h.jpg

Enjoy your weekend. ;)

• Like 9

@CableGuy@Thumpy~ and @giskard8 Thank you guys, I really appreciate your words. :salute:  It was time to finally fill this cabinet with something. :)

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, Big Deal said:

It would be awesome if you could use that internal grid for something. Maybe line it with a diffuser and some LED's. It would look pretty cool...

Good idea Dave. Now with all the things inside, the cabinet appears darker and makes it harder to look at the interior. I already thought about LED lights but had totally forgotten the internal grid. It is still in my basement. Will have a look and try to incorporate it in the future. Thanks for reminding me of that. :duim: