Aker Help Please

So I'm new and trying to not make an fool of myself before I go on my first troop.  Besides 10 vs 15 watts what is the difference between the Aker MR 1506 and MR 1505 and which is better for a TK build?  Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

-Christopher

TK-10530

Hi Chris, in terms of volume there is very little in it, but there is a big size difference. My personal choice is the smaller version as it sits nicely behind the chest plate. Hope that helps.

I use a similar version to the larger one for my product TRamp (www.facebook.com/trooperamp) but that's simply because I need more space inside the amp for the added circuitry.

Edited by pwhitrow
  • Like 1

Agreed with Paul. Most go with the 10w MR1506 since it is small enough to fit behind the chestplate but still has more than enough volume to be heard even in crowded spaces.

Those who prefer the larger MR1505 tend to mount them on their belts. Not what I do, but to each his own.

Many of the guys here in the Inland Empire use the 10 watt version, but I went with the 12 watt one (1505). My main reason was the better battery life, which is almost double. I'm 5'10", average build, and it fits in my chest armor just fine. Definitely make sure that you also get the iComm that powers off of the Aker. You'll love people's responses.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:53 PM, jjv5150 said:

How did it Work? 

Jaime, It works like a champ.  I went with a throat mic personally but a few of our other members have it wirelessly mounted to their bucket.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:34 PM, Tinzzy said:

Jaime, It works like a champ.  I went with a throat mic personally but a few of our other members have it wirelessly mounted to their bucket.

Where did you get the throat mic and how are you liking it. This is something I was thinking of doing. I haven't gotten my bucket yet but I want to be ready to go when they come in (im doing an animated Clone Commander (Phase 1) and a TK) and what as much room inside the helmet as I can get. Throat mic seems like a good idea but im having trouble finding one that will work

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:08 AM, Commander Gree said:

Where did you get the throat mic and how are you liking it. This is something I was thinking of doing. I haven't gotten my bucket yet but I want to be ready to go when they come in (im doing an animated Clone Commander (Phase 1) and a TK) and what as much room inside the helmet as I can get. Throat mic seems like a good idea but im having trouble finding one that will work

Sorry for the extremely long delay.  I don't remember the brand but it was off Amazon for about $20.  I really like it but if you drink water or have a beard the voice box triggers.  Other then that I like it a lot. Mine does have a wire, I know some come without (WIFI/Blue Tooth) but there may be a delay between receiver and transmitter depending on what you get.  I hope this helps and good luck. 

• Like 1