TIP: NOTE ON HWT PACK SPECS:

justjoseph63

Antennas are a no go then? I'll leave ours off.

Where did they originate from? Just a "Hey this would look kinda cool to plug the oil screw hole"? or something more?

Antennas are allowed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like my antenna! I like to think that in a galaxy far far away. They have blasters and lightsabers but need an antenna for the RADIO on our backs. Modern technology!

• Like 1

Just please, PLEASE don't add "antenna toppers", I beg everyone.  No matter how "cool" they may look.  :huh:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 3

On 1/31/2017 at 6:34 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Just please, PLEASE don't add "antenna toppers", I beg everyone. No matter how "cool" they may look. :huh:

------------

That is a great idea. Gotta get one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My $.02 regarding antenna - the reality is that there is EI & Centurion (FISD awards), and there is trooping. To get EI/Centurion you have to comply with standards, but once achieved there is no stricture that you have to troop in that configuration. You can always have a removable antenna and keep it for fun stuff like cons.

So, instead of "no antenna", perhaps "use best discretion".

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I could not access the link?

You can go to napaonline.com and search part # BK 7305903, or go to a NAPA auto supply store if there is one near you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a newbie and pulling together my HWT kit including assembling the parts to make this pack. I have to say that you guys are over the top helpful! <br><br>

I'm not sure that I understand why the antenna is an issue. Is it because it may not be canon?<br><br>

I personally like the way it looks and if it's currently optional, I may go ahead and install it - but in a manner that can be easily removed for storage (or if it's "banned" in the future).

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Thanks - I'll remove the reference to cms on the next updated.

No, please don't remove it. Just correct it.

It's very useful to the 90% of the world, that use metric units instead of imperial. There are only 3 countries in the world that didn't adopt the metric system yet: Liberia, Myanmar and the USA...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication#Conversion_process

And thank goodness.  How do you divide a meter by 12 anyway?  And it's too chatty - you need multiple syllables to say anything.  Mile, foot, inch, pound.  All pretty easy to say and use, as they are analog in nature, just like humans.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Just checking, is the info in Joseph's original post here still correct?

Yes sir.  Please note that the original diagrams included an antenna, but those are no longer allowed at any level.  (Those were crazier times, lol).

BUT, as mentioned in that first post we do allow some leeway, as not everyone has access to the same build materials.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just a detail which I've noticed is the ribs on the antenna tube plate, says 7 bumps but my references are showing 5, I guess both are ok for approval but perhaps should be mentioned for higher levels.

L4bdr8e.jpg  C5frZx4.jpg  ribs.png.6a891b01644b8ee17c610d8ef46c2c47.png

Old

BAtg9hV.jpg?1

New

BAtg9hV.jpg.95453277935172a9face5cc147f6be48.jpg

• Like 1