Rogue One - I was wrong, the movie is awesome

Daetrin

So, I finally got around to seeing it. Man, it was way, way better than I thought it would be. Now, to see it again!

In fact, I think I may have enjoyed it more than EP7. I have to see it at least a second time to be sure...

• Like 3

I enjoyed it better on the second viewing. I think I was trying to concentrate too much on the storyline and working out what some of the characters were saying! Can't wait for the blu-ray to be launched. Mind you, I DO still have some tickets after 'trooping at my local cinema :D

It seemed almost like a fan film at the start. Even my son thought so. Far better than Ep7, right down to the music. They can just keep cranking those out. 

It didn't detract from star wars. It didn't try to retell it. I was ready to be disappointed but I wasn't.

It seemed almost like a fan film at the start. Even my son thought so. Far better than Ep7, right down to the music. They can just keep cranking those out. 

It didn't detract from star wars. It didn't try to retell it. I was ready to be disappointed but I wasn't.

We should see it together next time your on this side of the pass. :) I never thought of it as a fan film, but it makes sense in that light. There are so many odes to the previous 6 movies it's hard to keep track. My daughter didn't notice them, but I sure did.

- I've got a bad feeling about this

- Use of music from EP2, EP4, EP6 at least

- The noise of the mouse droid when they are in the data center

- Dialog from x-wings copied directly from EP4, including those old actors faces (Red Leader, Gold Leader, etc.)

- Now we know why Luke could take Red 5 as a callsign

- desert planet (again)

- one of the assault team is just like the ughnauts, wasn't he?

- Death star firing sequence

- Vader force choke

- Using one star destroyer to take out another

- The defense gun used at the research center looks just like the ion cannon from Hoth

I could go on and on - too many homages to count. I still can't believe how well they did Tarkin.

Well, I'll see it tomorrow for sure. Most of all I'm happy I enjoy the film as when I saw the trailers I thought "this will suck eggs"

I watched The Force Awakens again yesterday and Rogue One doesn't even remotely compare to it. In terms of emotional impact, characters, story line, I choose TFA over R1 every time.

That´s funny - the only one i see lower than TFA is the Holiday Special. Maybe the 2 Ewok movies too, but to be honest, not really sure about that.

• Like 1