Tk/Uk armor is it a rippoff

Bill,

There is a lot of controversy surrounding the armor maker.  There are a few different companies that have popped up using the same servers/hosts for their websites, using very similar names (FN Armor, TK Armor) and the same handful of people names are associated with them (David Ashford - Ashcroft?, Peter Quigley, Peter O'Tool to name a few) and they list several countries as part of their production/management facilities (England, Ireland, Singapore to name a few).  

There have been a lot of allegations, and in some cases absolutely irrefutable proof that some of these entities have recast armor sculpted by other sellers and offered it via the websites, facebook, ebay, etc for sale.  

There are quite simply, more reputable and clearly honest vendors to do business with and one of the claims to fame is that they supplied the armor to the Dancing Troopers on Britain's Got Talent or whichever show it was, and if you've seen those, then you know that there is no way that they'd be approved for membership in the 501st.

If you decide to purchase from them, we will do whatever we can to assist you in earning Legion approval with the armor, because that is what we do here, but we do try to support the armor makers - without preferential treatment to any of them - who have proven time and again, with established track records of being talented, honest, and good business partners with our prospective members over the years.  As part of that, we do discourage purchasing from armor makers who cannot without question establish the origin of their molds, or who engage in questionable business practices.

I hope this helps you to understand the situation.   :D

• Like 4

Bill,

There is a lot of controversy surrounding the armor maker.  There are a few different companies that have popped up using the same servers/hosts for their websites, using very similar names (FN Armor, TK Armor) and the same handful of people names are associated with them (David Ashford - Ashcroft?, Peter Quigley, Peter O'Tool to name a few) and they list several countries as part of their production/management facilities (England, Ireland, Singapore to name a few).  

There have been a lot of allegations, and in some cases absolutely irrefutable proof that some of these entities have recast armor sculpted by other sellers and offered it via the websites, facebook, ebay, etc for sale.  

There are quite simply, more reputable and clearly honest vendors to do business with and one of the claims to fame is that they supplied the armor to the Dancing Troopers on Britain's Got Talent or whichever show it was, and if you've seen those, then you know that there is no way that they'd be approved for membership in the 501st.

If you decide to purchase from them, we will do whatever we can to assist you in earning Legion approval with the armor, because that is what we do here, but we do try to support the armor makers - without preferential treatment to any of them - who have proven time and again, with established track records of being talented, honest, and good business partners with our prospective members over the years.  As part of that, we do discourage purchasing from armor makers who cannot without question establish the origin of their molds, or who engage in questionable business practices.

I hope this helps you to understand the situation.   :D

I have a feeling you're confusing 2 people here.  1 the seller of the recast First Order TK, 2 supplier of "less than ideal" armour to boogie storm.

Either way, you can do better.

I found an am 2.0 for 700.00 the question is quality and will it fit a bigger trooper

AM kits are made for the bigger trooper, have you researched the Getting Started Section, lots of info there on armor makers and sizing

Tks buddy i needed confirmation that it would look right.<br>

How do i order that armor

Have a look in this thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/page-1

I'm 6'0" and 210 lbs.

I have the AM 2.0 and absolutely love it!

As far as size, I didn't trim any heights of any pieces and it's almost a bit long/tall. I just barely fit with my height. At my weight I didn't add any side sims at all in the waist and they lined up perfectly.

I've seen bigger guys than me in it and it's fine, although maybe not anyone as heavy as you. I would think it would work fine.

• Like 1

Yeah, looked at alot of info on here. i know its frowned upon but i found it on ebay. Guy says no time to build the kit

Buying legit armour on eBay is fine. Buying from typical eBay vendors is what is discouraged.

I think Tim mixed some things up here...

TKUK and the  First Order Recasters are different people ;)
​But yes, TKUK did the Boogiestorm armor :dancing-trooper:  Anyway that doesn't mean a thing. What you receive when ordering doesn't look at all like the boogiestorm crap.
​If you consider buying from TKUK, I'd be honest and tell you that there are better armors out there. In both topics - quality and accuracy.
​That doesn't mean the TKUK armor is bad - it's just cheap and that's what you get. Other armors will last longer and are more accurate - on your costs.

So as conclusion: TKUK is not a rip off. But be aware and know exactly what you want to buy.

Ok great. If you dont mind telling me how much you paid for the armor that would be awesome so i know what to expect

I have the AM 2.0 it is great, I have had no issues.  I know that there is another Philly guy that has it as well.

Since there are lots of discussions going on about TKUK atm - here and on facebook, I will tell you about my experiences with the armor and the makers.

At first I want to set clear that TKarmor.com (AM) is not the same as TKarmour.com (TKUK)
But TKarmour.com (alias TKUK) is the same as stormtroopercity.com

To begin my story: Nearly 6 years ago, I purchased a TK ANH Stunt armor on eBay. Unfortunately I didn't know the FISD by then and I had no experience at all. So I made the mistake, bought it and later found out, that it was an armor FX recast. There was a print on the BBB, saying it comes from "stormtroopercity.com"
After I discovered the 501st Legion (especially the German Garrison and the FISD), I got some help here'n'there to build my kit up to approval. (of course I had to get another helmet...)

tk55550_vorne_s.jpg

Here in the FISD I asked whether anyone knew the maker and Joseph from Stormtroopercity reported to me, that he and his friend David (Ashcroft) are making that armor. By then, they already had developed a new mold for the helmet and he was willing to send me one for free.
Not only that - they were also making their own molds to improve the armor (that's what he told me).

At that time, one of my friends ordered the Stormtroopercity/TKUK armor. It was a kind of "in between development version". I compared it to my Anovos kit and my old FX armor and I was impressed about the development.

IMAG0228.jpg(FX - TKUK - Anovos)

So I encouraged him to make more changes to make it a reputable, good looking armor.
That's what they did. Unfortunately accuracy is still not top notch and quality got lost due to thinner material. Two other friends ordered the actual kit, TKUK is selling right now - The armor is looking good, but you can clearly feel the lack of quality. Pulls are not clean, some parts are too thin, so they easily crack and so on.

I've heard people rumoring, this was an SDS recast (because of the long chest plate...) - what I have been told, it is not. It's an evolved FX kit with losing quality on the material, but gaining accuracy and for a cheap price. Here is a comparison of the 3 different abplates they've sold over the time:

abplate_compare_s.jpg
apart from the missing buttons it's hard to find similarities with the FX and the new armor  :huh:

So in my opinion it's not a rip off if you know what you buy: It's definitely not high quality, but cheap and to be honest - good enough for approval (Higher ranks are another topic....) Anyhow your goal should be a high end armor, so I personally would chose other makers nowadays.

If anyone knows better about that armor or the makers, please let me know! I'm not the wisest man in the universe and I'm willing to learn.
Here is a shoot of one of my friends in his TKUK armor.

tim_armor.jpg

P.S. I'm not related to TKUK nore am I working for them - I didn't even meet them in person, we just messaged here on the FISD... But I've made my experiences (good and bad) and want to share them with you guys.

Best regards, Danny

TK-55550

Edited by Ripper_L
  • Like 7