First HWT, almost complete, few questions

Good Evening,

Over the last two month I have been slowly building an ANH TK, however it is nearly complete and in my opinion and a few others it should be ready for approval. However I never really liked the whole cookie cutter clean look of the Stormtrooper (TK). I loved the "I've seen a few battles, conquered planets, crushed those who oppose us" type look (something seen with alot during the Clone Wars). The only thing close from the original trilogy on film is the Sandtrooper (TD), but to me thats to much. 

Low and behold I have come across the Heavy Weapons Trooper (HWT) and I am in love. I am missing a few things (MP40 Pouches, Backpack, and blaster) which I'll be getting over the next few months. However in the mean time I've been looking over the CRL and there seems to be alot of grey areas in regards to the battle / worn look. It cant be more then a TD, but needs to give the look of its seen battle. 

How far are we allowed to go with weathering it and making it looked damaged? I cant seem to find any tutorials, for the weathering and how much we can have, as well as reference pictures to base mine off off. I dont want to over do it, but I want to make it look great. Is there another HWT Forum or group, within the 501st that is all HWT so I can use reference pictures?

Any  help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Like 1

Hey Sebastian, good to hear another HWT is almost completed. As for the weathering, Dirty but not Sandtrooper dirty. Take a look at the HWT EIB and Centurion applications. There you'll get an idea of what were looking for.

I weathered mine by simply using a blush brush and charcoal dust. Afterwards you can cover it with hair spray if you want to make it a bit more permanent

Hope this helps. 

Good Evening,

Over the last two month I have been slowly building an ANH TK, however it is nearly complete and in my opinion and a few others it should be ready for approval. However I never really liked the whole cookie cutter clean look of the Stormtrooper (TK). I loved the "I've seen a few battles, conquered planets, crushed those who oppose us" type look (something seen with alot during the Clone Wars). The only thing close from the original trilogy on film is the Sandtrooper (TD), but to me thats to much.

Low and behold I have come across the Heavy Weapons Trooper (HWT) and I am in love. I am missing a few things (MP40 Pouches, Backpack, and blaster) which I'll be getting over the next few months. However in the mean time I've been looking over the CRL and there seems to be alot of grey areas in regards to the battle / worn look. It cant be more then a TD, but needs to give the look of its seen battle.

How far are we allowed to go with weathering it and making it looked damaged? I cant seem to find any tutorials, for the weathering and how much we can have, as well as reference pictures to base mine off off. I dont want to over do it, but I want to make it look great. Is there another HWT Forum or group, within the 501st that is all HWT so I can use reference pictures?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Let me know if you need any help with building or buying a pack

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tony, 

Can I find those applications here on the forum, if so where exactly at? Also I should have the Thermal Detonator clips by Friday thanks again!

Shawn,

I will be needing to buy one, limited on what i have here in Germany to do the build, so I will be looking to purchase a complete pack. I did come across one that sells for $300 plus shipping, which is a bit over my budget, do you know or recommend someone who sells quality item with out breaking the bank or having to sell an organ. 

Many thanks!

Centurion - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

Expert Infantry - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

If don't have a backpack yes the thermal detonator is required, with a pack it's not.

You will also notice that a Sandie's "weathering" contains reddish to orange colors, and the weathering for us HWTs is black.

Tony, 

Can I find those applications here on the forum, if so where exactly at? Also I should have the Thermal Detonator clips by Friday thanks again!

Shawn,

I will be needing to buy one, limited on what i have here in Germany to do the build, so I will be looking to purchase a complete pack. I did come across one that sells for $300 plus shipping, which is a bit over my budget, do you know or recommend someone who sells quality item with out breaking the bank or having to sell an organ. 

Many thanks

I will send you a PM.

Shawn,<br><br>

Okay I'll be looking forward to the email. Also washable paint, thats new to me. Could you send thst as well?<br><br>

Joseph,I was going to use dark grey and black. Give it that urban combat feelwithout over doing it.

It is just a typical black washable paint you can get at a craft store such as Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

The procedure I used was as follows:

1.  Applied to armor using a larger brush so I could get alot on it.

2.  It dries pretty quick, so you can immediately follow up with a damp cloth or paper towel.  I used that to "blotch" off the paint so I ended up with more white than black.  I made it look like gun powder residue.  Remember, you are creating battle damage, so it does not have to be alot.

The photos below show what I ended up with. 

(looks like photobucket is currently down, so I will post when it is back online)

Good Evening,

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

005646ef90bdf340f74e785d07054bb4.jpg

I am in Rogue One configuration, i am mostly HWT, weathered dirty with shades of cheap eyeshadow, shows up the scuffs and scratches in armor, effective dirty look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice! though I'd dirty up some of the MP40 stitching, looks like you just bought it lol

Already have, based on your HWT EIB comments.  Getting ready for Centurion HWT application.  Also colored all of the stitching on the pouches black. :D

This is an old picture.  Many issues that would prevent Centurion on this picture.

Edited by CrookKnight
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just want to thank everyone thus far who has helped me along the way in building my HWT. In the process of building the CRL changed so I am waiting on another ammo pouch and my orange pauldron to come in before I resubmit everything again for approval.

Hang in there, Sebastian..  looking forward to seeing some photos of your finished armor! If I can be of any help, just PM me.

• 2 months later...

Sorry I have not posted any updates as of late! A Co worker and I started reshimming my thigh pieces and should have them done by the end of the week. After that I can submit for a third and hopefully final time and get approved. Then waiting on the remaining parts for my next project to arrive