Carrie Fisher: RIP We will miss you.

TK4205

Updated first post. A great light has gone out indeed, and we can only pray that she is at peace. I will always remember this scene in particular, surrounded by stormtroopers, defiant, confident.

For many boys, our first true crush.

princess-leia-stormtroopers-high-definit

• Like 7

A sad day indeed. Many of our first love has passed. May she take her place as a force ghost next to the other great Star Wars personalities that have passed before her. RIP Carrie Fisher!!!

Very sad news, I was lucky enough to have a photo with Carrie in 2013 while in armour, Carrie quickly said "ooow a Stormtrooper, best cover that up" and proceeded to put her hand over the end of my blaster for the photo<br><br>

She will be greatly missedpost-16782-0-34239700-1482876460_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 4

Very sad indeed. My wife Cosplays as Princess Leia. She's a household name in our home. The only thing my five year old asked Santa for was a Princess Leia doll this year. We were lucky enough to find a vintage one from 1978 in great shape.

My wife at Comicpalooza this past year.

post-29857-0-89097900-1482875870_thumb.jpg 

CW

• Like 3

When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May the Force be with you always Princess.

For many boys, our first true crush.

Not just boys :x  I'm quite sad I never got a chance to meet her.  Everyone I know who has met her has spoken very highly of her!

Such a shame she was so young :'(

My thoughts I shared on FB.

"So needless to say this was not what I was expecting to wake up to. I am saddened by the loss of anyone. But this is a tough one, misty eyed and choked up over the news of her passing. Actually trying not to tear up, I'm not much of a crier really. I obviously didn't know her, but she has had a huge impact on me as a fan, a small boy and teen and then again as an adult.

That is all."

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I bet you guys Disney or Hasbro is gonna pull some marketting BS next year with Princess Leia to sell more products because of her death >.<

We have been pretty disgusted about how little Princess Leia (and Rey for that matter) toys are out there. As mentioned in my post. There are no current Princess Leia dolls out there. We were lucky to find a vintage one for our daughter. You would think after Disney acquired Star Wars and Leia became a "Disney Princess" that she would be there right beside Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, etc. in the stores. She would sell like hotcakes. You're right though. I bet there will be one now.

CW