First Build

So Guys im on my first build and I want to go slow and take my time and not mess up so I'm asking a question. I'm trying to find some kind of checklist if anyone can give me one of all the tiny pieces I need like the snaps and elastic, Velcro what ever I need. Like telling me what sizes of elastic and snaps and what all I need.<br><br>

Thanks Guys

Welcome, Clayton, and I am glad to see that Ben sent you a link to my supply list thread.  I am VERY glad to hear that you have decided to "Take your time and not mess up..." .  Some future Troopers try to rush things, and inevitably have problems, so you are doing the right thing by taking your time.  Having all your supplies on hand will make your life much easier, I promise.  There's nothing worse than having to stop in the middle and have to order something or hit Lowe's.  As the Boy Scouts say, "Be prepared"!

Even with all the many great build threads and info. available here, sometimes you need to ask questions, so always feel free to do so.  We are here to help every step of the way.

• Like 2

I would use the bracket kit to attach all the pieces that it is meant for, and then use snaps to finish it off.  Here is an excellent diagram that my friend Jeff (wingnut65) made that may help for the snaps:

Np0rWjf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a AM Kit and I was wanting to know how much I should trim off is there a tutorial on where everything should line up when trimmed. For instance the chest piece should the two strap at the top be trimmed back to line up with the middle of your body or more and when cutting at the waist should everything be trimmed back to line up with the middle of you body also. I dont want to trim to much