Pull_and_Twist HWT Build

Instead of felt, you can go to Michael's (or any major craft store) and buy something called craft foam in black.  It comes in sheets, and is pretty inexpensive, crazy durable, and the color will not bleed off onto your armor.

Instead of felt, you can go to Michael's (or any major craft store) and buy something called craft foam in black. It comes in sheets, and is pretty inexpensive, crazy durable, and the color will not bleed off onto your armor.

I know exactly what you're talking about... lol, I have a ton of it at home but none in black.

IMG_8057.jpg

The large size like this is the exact size of the rectangular part of the pan so it should work real well. I'll have to cut out slots for the straps to make it fit perfect. Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1

I think I can consider this build effectively done. Straightened out the antenna tube last night... still looks a little off in the pic but is actually straight on when you look at it in person.

img_8066.jpg

I also attached craft foam to the back to protect the armor. One large sheet is all it took... and at $1 was more cost effective then felt and easier to install (just hot glued on.)

img_8064.jpg

When I get home from work today I'll kit up and try it on with the armor and post some pics.

Edited by Pull_and_Twist

Congrats on a textbook build, Robert!  Now let's get you HWT approved, which should be easy with this pack!  Do you have your MP40 ammo packs yet?

Congrats on a textbook build, Robert! Now let's get you HWT approved, which should be easy with this pack! Do you have your MP40 ammo packs yet?

I have my pauldron, chest ammo pack and one side ammo pack. Since I only have one belt when I remove my holster it'll leave two visible holes that I plan to cover with a third pack. That pack i don't have yet... I'm waiting on TB to get the canvas packs back in stock so that they all match. They said they're expecting more by either the end of this week or early next week.

After that I was planning to submit and then start working on a T-21.

I have my pauldron, chest ammo pack and one side ammo pack. Since I only have one belt when I remove my holster it'll leave two visible holes that I plan to cover with a third pack. That pack i don't have yet... I'm waiting on TB to get the canvas packs back in stock so that they all match. They said they're expecting more by either the end of this week or early next week.

After that I was planning to submit and then start working on a T-21.

If you are doing a scratch build, I can HIGHLY recommend one of these resin sets http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36566-spool68s-t21-resin-parts-kits/that my budduy Roger makes.  The accuracy is fantastic, and great customer service to boot!

If you are doing a scratch build, I can HIGHLY recommend one of these resin sets http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36566-spool68s-t21-resin-parts-kits/that my budduy Roger makes. The accuracy is fantastic, and great customer service to boot!

That's the resin set I've been eyeballing. I'm kinda on a budget so it makes more sense to build one then drop half a grand on a hyperfirm. I'm just a little nervous as I'm not a big woodworker and the butt end of the stock could be problematic.

That's the resin set I've been eyeballing. I'm kinda on a budget so it makes more sense to build one then drop half a grand on a hyperfirm. I'm just a little nervous as I'm not a big woodworker and the butt end of the stock could be problematic.

I'm sure someone on our speeder bike crew could give you a hand with that stuff.  :)

It's just a matter of taking your time and having the right equipment.  For the butt stock, all that's really needed are a jigsaw, a few cheap files (see below), several different types of sandpaper (buy the "variety pack") and time.

Here is a perfect set, which contains every type of file you would ever need:  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-23-Piece-File-Set/4777065

That pack looks awesome...can't wait to see it in person....I might just have to jump on the HWT band wagon myself...lol

Yes, you should!  :)  Maybe we can make it an Orca requirement, haha...

• Like 2

Looks.. too... shiny!  If you are worried about weathering, and being able to go back and forth between regular TK and HWT, you can always use the method I did for the armor:

I went to the Dollar store, bought a black powder "pancake style" makeup thingy and a "blush" brush. 2 bucks total.  It goes on easy, and pretty much stays there until you need to remove it using a regular household cleaner like 409.