New Background

TK4999

I had the "pleasure" of trying to check the boards over a dial-up while on vacation and am pleased to say that the background doesn't hurt load time at all. Great work V'Pier!!

I went to log on this morning and the background loaded first. My reaction was "Woah. That wasn't like that before...sweet."

Most excellent. Cleanest place to troop. None of us could accidentally get dirty in there.

The CTN one is also really well done. As you noted there, if some people don't like it they can choose an alternate scheme.

I did? wow, I didn't know I webmastered this place in my sleep.

But the buttons were cleaned up days ago, it's very much possible your browser cache was a few days behind the times.

I normally do Control F5 and it forces the system to refresh, if that doesn't work, purge your cache, and do Control F5, the change should show up then.

Actually if you're using IE, you can force it to never cache anything.

Two other settings you should ensure you set in Tools-InternetOptions-Advanced are:

1) Do not save encrypted pages to disk

2) Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

The first is a no-brainer, the second helps keep that folder from growing out of hand.

• 1 year later...

Death star background must be old because i am seeing stormtrooper marching on right and left side.

I also want to state that i like the background but it drive me nut when i try to scroll down and up the page. It doesn't scroll smoothly but it goes frame to frame when scroll.

I am using firefox and when i blocked the background image, Everything goes as should be as in smoothly scrolls but i don't like to block images.

I am sure others feel the same way.

Any thought on improve this problem?

Thanks!