TFA ARMOR- Suiting Up By Yourself...Is it possible

Jayben Kenobi

Do we have a thread that is easy to find that shows troopers how to achieve the ability to sit down in armor?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm in the Rebel Legion and I have trooped with the 501st on shared events and I have seen troopers getting fatigued from standing. Some members are a little older or have some health issues. I think an easy to find thread on this subject would be beneficial to noobs just building their armor. I think it would also benefit some of those with current approved armor that maybe didn't have a mentor to teach them how to build comfort into their set up.

Even if it's just a couple simple things folks could do with photos showing how.

May be a guide of "How to" in certain situations. Examples like:

A) Fully suited up at an event waiting for it to start or there is a 30 minute lull in the event but you can't suit down.

B) Getting ready and then taking transportation to the event

What do you all think?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Being able to sit comfortably depends on if you separate your cod piece. Some troopers can sit in a rigid position without cutting the cod  free from the ab plate, but I personally can not. Some folks are really concerned about keeping canon so they refuse to cut the cod plate.

IMO, we're not making a movie, we're trooping for hours at a time and it's ok to sacrifice canon for comfort (but only when it doesn't show).

• Like 1

You just have to be careful not to get into a bind.

Well or the table collapsing. I have managed to slide the corner inside my butt plate once...which sucked more than wall sits while I tried to free it.

Also, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Hydration starts three hours before the troop. Not chug a.bottle of water then put bucket on.

Gell soles. Comfy shoes make for long comfy troops.

Non cotton socks or at least clean dry socks. Wet socks block feet breathing.

Shrug. A lot. It's about the only rest your upper shoulders and back and neck will get. Three fast. Then slow up for five count, hold for five, down all the way for seven. Repeat often.

Shoulder rolls...Not the kind on the ground...Backwards more than forwards. TK armour pulls us out of anatomical position more forwards.

Fans. Or handlers with battery fans to blow air in to move the dead air out.

Deodorant. Not antiperspirant. You want to sweat. Need to. Just don't make us smell it.

Lip balm. Mic foam, sweat, helmet air will all dry your lips out.

Balaclava. Keeps mic boom in place it it's not helmet mounted, keeps sweat out of eyes, and keeps ears from catching on the bucket rim when donning and doffing. Buy two or three of the three dollars free shipping ones from China.

Fresh undersuit. Wash inside out. You will leave salt crystals in it and if you wear it on and off a lot without washing it can start to scratch or leave a rash.

Wiggle your toes.

Count teeth with your tongue.

And , above all else, don't be a Smearo. A smearo is a hero who didn't say he was in trouble, or fatigued, thirsty, etc., Who ends up face planting, or just feeling really crappy after a troop.

Edited by sylverbard
  • Like 2