Armor Kits For ANH?

Greetings, fellow Star Wars enthusiasts. I have been a longtime fan of the 501st, and with my 18th birthday coming up, I am ready to don some armor and enlist in the Imperial Army. I have been trying to make a Boba Fett costume, but due to my knowledge of how expensive that costume is, and how time-consuming as well, I was looking to start with a Stormtrooper outfit. After browsing around, I have pretty much set my heart on making a ANH (Stunt) Stormtrooper.

I have been reading and researching the Stormtrooper outfit, and have been researching it to some extent prior, and I know I should buy a kit, being that I don't want to cast my own molds and such. As such, I was looking for a good, screen-accurate Stormtrooper kit that, with a bit of trimming and such, would be approved by the 501st? I will avoid eBay at all costs, it is much too overpriced for something you do not know is reliable or not.

Thus, being you are well-versed in these things unlike a beginner of my sorts, I would be grateful for any sort of help in this regard. I would like to find a fairly cheap Stormtrooper kit (looking around the average $500-$700 in price range) which only needs trimming and painting but is within 501st qualifications. I'm sure this kind of thing is right up your daily alley, so I'm sure you can easily find a website to buy quality armor from.

Thank you very much,

The Eccentric Stormtrooper

Well, you have a few routes you could go. Have you researched the differnt types of armor yet? Once you do that then you will need to make a decision on if you want TM, ATA, WTF, AM 2.0 or anovos (just to name a few) they all have pros and cons but all have been 501st approved at some point. Remember, the maker of the armor or armor itself does not get 501st approved. YOU are the one who does the work to get it approved. In other words, there are plenty of guys with Anovos kits that are not getting approved.

Take you time, research research research. Do not get in a hurry or you can make some pretty bed mistakes. Keep us posted on your journey and ask LOTS of questions!!!! Someone will answer your question on here!

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Welcome.

Have you found this section of the forum yet? http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

Also, be sure to reach out to your local 501st garrison, as that should allow you to see examples of several different kits up close. Where are you located?

Well, you have a few routes you could go. Have you researched the differnt types of armor yet? Once you do that then you will need to make a decision on if you want TM, ATA, WTF, AM 2.0 or anovos (just to name a few) they all have pros and cons but all have been 501st approved at some point. Remember, the maker of the armor or armor itself does not get 501st approved. YOU are the one who does the work to get it approved. In other words, there are plenty of guys with Anovos kits that are not getting approved.

Take you time, research research research. Do not get in a hurry or you can make some pretty bed mistakes. Keep us posted on your journey and ask LOTS of questions!!!! Someone will answer your question on here!

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am looking into the ATA, and I believe I am aiming for that, but as we all know, Stormtrooper's aims aren't always the best, so I may choose otherwise depending on how the other kits appeal to me.

Welcome.

Have you found this section of the forum yet? http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

Also, be sure to reach out to your local 501st garrison, as that should allow you to see examples of several different kits up close. Where are you located?

I have read that, but thanks regardless.

I would be located within the Carolina Garrison if I were to join up. I have been trying to look for an armor party, even if I don't have any armor, just to see how to handle the armor.

I am looking into the ATA, and I believe I am aiming for that, but as we all know, Stormtrooper's aims aren't always the best, so I may choose otherwise depending on how the other kits appeal to me.

Reach out to ATA NOW if you are interested. Last I checked in November there was a 9 month wait on an ATA kit.

Jef

I'm continuing to look into ATA, but cannot find a specific price. Is this because it varies per customer needs?

No. It means he doesn't publish it. Email him and he will tell you his pricing and the current wait time.