Best Way To Assemble Anovos Rubber Knee Gaksets?

darthaldernu

Hi guys, what's the best way to assemble these knee gaskets? When I bought my kit (used) they were already like this and it looks like they may have split apart, though I'm not entirely sure. Any help would be appreciated! I have some Elmers rubber cement on hand to use.

Thank you.

07f46ae88f05aa3c1e644abac5ae24a8.jpg

I had an awful time trying to re- glue the gaskets after trimming mine to fit better. I tested a whole variety of glues for rubber and latexes but nothing held together. I ended up using a Japanese brand of crazy glue to lock all the seams down. The inner surface I used loctite black rubber epoxy. Still holds but probably not the best way to do it. I ran out of time before my event so had to use this method.<br><br>

You will need some rubber strips though to glue the two parts together from the underside. I bought some thin rubber sheeting for this. Since the rubber for the gaskets and the sheeting I bought are different, this may be the reason why I could not get any of the rubber glues to bind them.

Edited by Bulldog44

These look like Anovos gaskets. I have a tutorial you can look at if the above already mentioned doesn't help.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31877-ukswraths-fotk-build-thread-tk-10116/page-7#entry428081

I appreciate the plug, but Imperial Gaskets are made out of latex. They come with their own glue. Mark's inner tube suggestion is sound.

Silicon gaskets wont last very long, no matter how you put them together. I'm always running specials, so hit me up. I also have factory seconds from time to time that go cheap.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the plug, but Imperial Gaskets are made out of latex. They come with their own glue. Mark's inner tube suggestion is sound.

Silicon gaskets wont last very long, no matter how you put them together. I'm always running specials, so hit me up. I also have factory seconds from time to time that go cheap.

Having a set of your gaskets would be the absolute dream but they're out of my budget right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk