Battlefront Magma Trooper Pack Build V2

The respirator model and mold are complete.  This is a picture of the first resin one.  Now all I have to do is add the red LED Light, paint black and install the magnets to hold onto the helmet.

I am now at the point where I can put the final touches on this entire package (pack, shin armor, respirator system).

20170127_064255_zpsldshsqi1.jpg

Edited by CrookKnight
  • Like 1

Thanks. I am creating mold so I can reproduce. Should be done and try on everything this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Were you thinking of incorporating a red LED into the mouthpiece by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's freakin cool mate! Just a question what's the range of movement for your head? It looks a wee bit limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Movement is constricted. Just have to turn your whole body when you to the side. Not to different from now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

IIRC the shins are supposed to be grey? IIRC you were re-painting them - were they completed?

Shin armor has been repainted.   Pictures are below.:

20170213_063933_zps8rtu38gp.jpg

1e2edc4f-df55-46a5-af8a-fc8f52268e38_zps

I will also update this in Spec Ops.

• Like 1

I am building another one for a customer and have decided to make a few improvements.  Below are some updated photos.  For the cooling fins, I have re-scaled these, used a thicker material and added more detail:

20170213_064931_zpsk1e6eujh.jpg

20170213_064934_zpsvomm0vc0.jpg

20170213_064937_zpsfjk2fint.jpg

20170213_064940_zpsmib82yd9.jpg

• Like 1

OK. Let your GML know that it will need to get submitted on the Legion boards to the GML area of the forums, and there is a topic specifically for costumes with no CRL. There is already one BF magma trooper there, so you and Andreas will want to get yours in. The sooner we get good CRL photos, the sooner we can get a CRL. That said, they can still get 501st approval while the CRL is in progress.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

Sweet. Have you submitted to your GML yet? I saw one BF Magma go through the LMO forum but no others.

Paul,

Due to the fact my armor is not ROTJ, I have decided not to submit my Magmatrooper for CRL consideration.  At this point, I am not going to be able to build an entire new armor set for this.  Oh well, it was fun making it anyways.

Paul,

Due to the fact my armor is not ROTJ, I have decided not to submit my Magmatrooper for CRL consideration.  At this point, I am not going to be able to build an entire new armor set for this.  Oh well, it was fun making it anyways.

No worries, I understand. If you want to keep the base armor ANH, then having this as a fun accessory set to use at cons/informal troops makes sense. But you are right, if you want 501st approval it is looking more and more that you will need to modify the ANH suit with ROTJ details, just like you need to if you are doing other Battlefront suits, e.g. adding the door trim, etc.

• Like 1

No worries, I understand. If you want to keep the base armor ANH, then having this as a fun accessory set to use at cons/informal troops makes sense. But you are right, if you want 501st approval it is looking more and more that you will need to modify the ANH suit with ROTJ details, just like you need to if you are doing other Battlefront suits, e.g. adding the door trim, etc.

The good news is that I should be able to submit my ANH TK Spacetrooper soon.  I will have the pack components next week.  At that point, I can paint and assemble.  and I DO have the right armor for that one.  I wonder if I need to be shiny for that one or if I can keep my battle damage?  Thoughts?