Who watched Rogue One? Review/ *SPOILERS?*

GandalfTheImperial

I did...<br><br>

Had missed out the first 5 minutes, because 3D wasn't -laying right... ermm.. went up managers, offered refund while we got to watch it in a different cinema for free...The screen was bigger, much better IMO... it was like IMAX, but it was called regular? wtf...<br><br>

Now the story... I was extremely dissapointed... Now this is just my opinion, It was a good film... but it just didn't have that star wars flavour... to me it was just another sci-fi for some reason... I loved the end, a good nod indeed... But the film itself? Just seemed like a story you'd see on some japenese cartoons/animes... <br><br><br>

*Spoilers*<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

We're clear... So, the deaths... Umm... I didn't feel any sad about any of the characters that died... Usually I would in a star wars film, like Ep 4-7 but this? The character development just felt off... Anyone with me? The thing at the end with scarif and all... Just what? Comeon, play some sad music, and make it more painful to watch...<br><br>

I was really hoping for the dark lord of the sith to be more brutal and act more naturally like the original body actor... The pun he made wasn't funny nor menacing... Seemed to force on the whole, Hey, I'm a dark lord! Scary scary!<br><br>

Hmmmpphh... As much as I wanted to love it, the trailers 1 & 2 summarized it for me. It just spoiled the experience. <br><br>

Good movie in some areas, others it was so force to make it feel like star wars, it was no longer star wars...<br><br><br>

Yes, it was fresh and new, but was the chnage of tone justified? I wanted the charcters to have a better ending... (If you know what I mean...:CutsInHalf:)<br><br>

Now the death star... No... just No... If it took alderaan about 2 seconds to be blown up, how come it took scarif bloody minutes? Felt like an hour.

Pretty much underwhelmed for most of the movie, from the opening some of the changes, music, font, scroll, just didn't seem like a Star Wars movie, only the last 10 minutes saved it for me.

As for the deaths it was always going to happen, most would have to go, no appearances in ANH.

Glad I never looked into a Death Trooper build, can't understand a word they say LOL.

How about scenes not seen in the movie which had been in the trailers, hate it when they do that.

Did anyone spot a certain ship or hear some names over the speakers ;).

• Like 2

Pretty much underwhelmed for most of the movie, from the opening some of the changes, music, font, scroll, just didn't seem like a Star Wars movie, only the last 10 minutes saved it for me.As for the deaths it was always going to happen, most would have to go, no appearances in ANH.Glad I never looked into a Death Trooper build, can't understand a word they say LOL.How about scenes not seen in the movie which had been in the trailers, hate it when they do that.Did anyone spot a certain ship or hear some names over the speakers ;).

Can't say I heard the ghost crew...

The death teoopers sound like droids when their commlink activates (Or when they die) But sound human after... huh... weird

I don't think you understand what I meant about the deaths, we predicted they were never gonna happen because of the marketing uproar of figures... But now.. lol

I would've prferred to see them get killed by vader in a fight or something, but that little fight at the end, that was okayish, but not vader like... He was clearly toying with them though...

Edited by GandalfTheImperial

I loved it. Admittedly it took a bit to get going, and the nuances of the old theme music teased the crap out of me hopping to hear the familiar themes, but I still loved it. For me it was better than EP VII. I sure hope EPVIII will take it to another level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Loved it. There were a few places where I think things could have been done better... some of the CGI etc, but overall, great.

And if I was a 10 year old boy again, I'd be hooked :)

And Vader is badass :D

• Like 1

Haha, let the fight begin! I perfer the episode VII over this prequel.

Had to watch it in french dubbing for my first viewing, and it was so bad that I had more than mixed feelings about the film at the end, but the second viewing with the english voices was way better and I enjoyed it way more. Very nice film for me. I'm not a fan at all of the montage of the film though, especially during the first half. Too many cuts from one group of charaters to another to my taste.

And I'm very much blown away by their CGI Carrie Fisher and Tarkin... Impressive!

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 2

I must start off by saying that this is the first Star Wars film I've had the time to watch in the cinema, instead of the usual waiting for the DVD to come out, so it was a bit of an experience.

To get to the point, the film was fantastic. Star Wars films have to be careful in balancing action and story, but I felt that this got it bang on. Action scenes are breathtaking and the story is a little bit different than what you'd expect from a star wars film, so I'd expect it to be a bit divisive, but I enjoyed it anyway.

The CGI in some of the scenes was pretty awful, but for most of the film it was fine.

There wasn't much of Vader, but the scenes he was in will be classics.

• Like 1

Ooh Love those WWII helmet style, I'm a bit disappointed with No scrolling word hehe..and now the sound of the mouse droid is still in my head LOL!...and i do enjoyed the movie.

Oh wow! Never even noticed the lack of a scroll!

• Like 2

I give it a solid "B".

-- SPOILER ALERT --

The lack of the scroll at the opening took the Star Wars feel away immediately. It was a long, slow burn to get to the good part but I liked the last half hour a lot. I felt bad for Krennic the whole time. Granted, he tried too hard but that's partially because he kept getting screwed over... and then he dies. 

I liked the tie-ins to ANH and the last two minutes had me squealing little a little kid.

The one thing I didn't like was I just got tired of watching the Empire troops get trounced over and over. We were all excited about the shore troopers but they made a pretty poor showing. Geez, Luscasfilm, throw us a bone here, huh?

Edited by Addertime
  • Like 1

Yep. That was pretty awesome.

I got to admit, that was just amazing, although a little too shiny for my taste, maybe a flatter colour would've been better, but I'm just nitpicky... I just loved hearing tarkin, but for some reason he sounded like Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars rebels.... Which is even more menacing, the way he threatens Krennic

Edited by GandalfTheImperial

Oh, btw, did anyone catch one of Saw Garerra's henchmen wearing a black scout trooper helmet? Shadow Scouts confirmerd? lol<br><br>

Wait, then again, dengar practically wore a mix between tk armor and snowtrooper armor...

I did see that but who's to say that it's not a repainted helmet, after all Scouts are seen in the Rebels series ;)

The one thing I didn't like was I just got tired of watching the Empire troops get trounced over and over. We were all excited about the shore troopers but they made a pretty poor showing. Geez, Luscasfilm, throw us a bone here, huh?

It's just like any other Star Wars movie...

Snowtroopers got even less time than the shoretrooper I believe... Haha

Just got out of the cinema and WOW, what an incredible journey! Loved the story arc, I felt invested and cared deeply as each of our characters met their fate. So moving. Beautifully shot, and the technology from ILM behind recreating Tarkin and Leia while not 100% photorealistic was stunning. It was definitely good enough that it didn't pull me out of the film. My wife didn't even actually realize that Tarkin was not a real actor. That's an incredible feat in VFX! 

I'll also echo sentiments above that I missed not having the big STAR WARS at the front w/ the scroll, replaced instead by the sort of underwhelming 'Rogue One' title. Meh. Also, I would've loved to see the troopers (all types) be a little more respected and worthy a nemesis. Got annoying seeing the film almost poke fun at how easy it was to take down a stormtrooper.

• Like 2

I thought it was great, it butts nicely against episode 4. I think it actually enhances episode 4. I loved all the little Easter eggs scattered throughout like blue milk, a turbo tank, Mustafar, Red Five before Luke had his call sign. I loved it.

Anyone notice that the basic TK's didn't have a normal kidney plate, they had a vertical piece that ran down to their thermal detonators kind of like the FO troopers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing it again tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Deckard1138
  • Like 2

Just got out of the cinema and WOW, what an incredible journey! Loved the story arc, I felt invested and cared deeply as each of our characters met their fate. So moving. Beautifully shot, and the technology from ILM behind recreating Tarkin and Leia while not 100% photorealistic was stunning. It was definitely good enough that it didn't pull me out of the film. My wife didn't even actually realize that Tarkin was not a real actor. That's an incredible feat in VFX!

I'll also echo sentiments above that I missed not having the big STAR WARS at the front w/ the scroll, replaced instead by the sort of underwhelming 'Rogue One' title. Meh. Also, I would've loved to see the troopers (all types) be a little more respected and worthy a nemesis. Got annoying seeing the film almost poke fun at how easy it was to take down a stormtrooper.

Yes to everything you said! Seems like the stormtroopers went down a little easy but the death troopers put up a bit more of a fight. Just loved it all around. So many winks for the fans and that new droid was a highlight as well. Looking forward to trooping tonight at the theater!