DLT-19 Rogue One Upgrades

gmrhodes13

Hand built this DLT-19 from scratch while waiting for my first set of armor to arrive, seems so long ago, build here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21614-dlt-19-build-still-waiting-and/page-1

Couple of upgrades for a Rogue One appearance, carry strap, scratch built working light and an external amp jack to run to the Aker amp, got to be loud, those cinemas get noisy ;)

http://www.hidefninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/star-wars-rogue-one-stormtrooper-jedha-patrol-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902849-08.jpg

Upgrades added

1502195087_dlt-192.jpg.832c9de039112cd3a7c3c1cb6c534bad.jpg

597689322_dlt-191.jpg.e4793ba0d917257bbd259243ea87dc31.jpg

dlt71.jpg.5758e0c6889cb838a513406f172bf958.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1

What light did you use? I know you said it was scratch built, but that casing is from a real flashlight right?

Could you post your full process?

Just bits and pieces I had on hand, I didn't take individual photos as I was in a hurry to make it, only started this morning at 5am and finished it by 8am. Outside casing is a scope from an old plastic toy blaster, side adjuster from an old broken router, end cap is the top from a bottle, piece of tube for the centre, fitted a penlight torch in the front, modified the battery compartment so it would fit inside, added a switch on to the rear cap and made a mount. Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Q looks and sounds Great , you're going to get loads of people wanting to play with DLT , and it looks like the DLT from the Rouge One has quite a few difference from the original , apart from the one you've mentioned ,just from the picture you posted ,no front sights or cooling hole on bi pod mounting point ,no wires on t tracks ,different t tracks , mid section has no seam where it should swivel or holding pin no cocking mechanism , on receiver cover it's far more square on top edge , lugs are different shape , no angle bracket on ejector port plate and no plate above ejector port , and no channel for cocking mechanism behind the grip , I'm not criticising it at all for being different but guess it will be classed as a Rouge One DLT and not to be trooped with a Hero or Stunt ?

Edited by Tig70
  • Like 1

Q looks and sounds Great , you're going to get loads of people wanting to play with DLT , and it looks like the DLT from the Rouge One has quite a few difference from the original , apart from the one you've mentioned ,just from the picture you posted ,no front sights or cooling hole on bi pod mounting point ,no wires on t tracks ,different t tracks , mid section has no seam where it should swivel or holding pin no cocking mechanism , on receiver cover it's far more square on top edge , lugs are different shape , no angle bracket on ejector port plate and no plate above ejector port , and no channel for cocking mechanism behind the grip , I'm not criticising it at all for being different but guess it will be classed as a Rouge One DLT and not to be trooped with a Hero or Stunt ?

Actually if you have a look from the other side it does have a sight it's just on an angle not directly on top

HTSWRogue1StormtrooperJTease1.jpg

As to a lot of the smaller details I'll have to wait and see as I don't trust the Hot Toys figures for fine detail. Looking forward to seeing some detailed screen grabs.

With the additions it would definitely be classed as a Rogue One weapon, at least with the mods I've done it's just a case of removing a few screws and it's back to a standard version.

It sure was fun trooping with it, a few got a kick out of the working light ;).

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 2

A couple of quick mods later with an LED flashlight, a carry strap, a drill, and some hot glue ... and voila! Not so much worried about the small details - for now, this will do. :)

31527156552_6ab0de4deb_c.jpg

31636277676_d04f9d07ef_c.jpg