TK-21874 Reporting For Duty

History

Ever since I watched ANH, I became a die hard SW fan.  As a child I was part of the Star Wars club and even wrote them to ask if I could buy a lightsaber.  Fast forward to a few years ago, I decided to fulfill a childhood dream of mine to finally get a real SW costume/armor.  Well without much research and not knowing about the 501st, I bought a commercial armor and then later realized what a mistake that was.  Several great things came from that armor though.  I learned about the 501st, met some great and talented people on FISD, and learned so much about different tools, how things work, and acquired new crafty skills that I’m sure I’ll use again in the future. 

FISD

I’ve lost count how many times I’ve mentioned to my friends the talent I see on FISD.  I’m amazed at some of the work, customizations, modifications that you all come up with and execute with such OCD precision!  You are truly an amazing, talented, and most helpful forum/community I’ve ever been a part of and it’s truly a privilege for me to now be part of the 501st family as well.  Centurion here I come!

Shout Outs

First and foremost, I have to thank Tony (UKSWRATH) for all of his awesome builds including my own, his tutorials, his clever tips and tricks, and for his genuine hospitality, one of the humblest dudes I’ve met on FISD.  Also wanted to mention several others who I’ve bugged and relentlessly questioned over and over again, thank you all for your patience with me and for just being so helpful and yet encouraging:  Walter (Haribon72), Aaron (Pyrates), Jorge (zv288BOT), Preston (Pretzel), Allan (allan1313), Gary (Sentry71), and Luc (Lucnak).  I also want to thank all of you who I’ve bought products from, you know who you are, (Darman, slavefive, TKittel, ABS80, Trooperbay, and JustJoseph63) thank you for your awesome craftsmanship and ingenuity.  Also wanted to thank my best friend Richie for his awesome support and for my late night rants about my old armor and for his general help and open mindedness, let’s get your TIE armor approved!

Last and certainly not least, I want to thank my lovely wife for all of those late night armor fitments and picture taking, all the countless hours I’ve locked myself in the garage, all the times she’s bailed me out when I was able to put my armor on but then couldn’t get out of it, and for her patience and understanding of all of my SW nerdiness, thank you baby!

Edited by spyder918
  • Like 3

Wow, what a nice post, Hugh!  GREAT to see that you have gone from being a "wannabe" all the way to EIB, and I look forward to your Centurion submission!   Send me a PM, and I have a gift for you.

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome aboard trooper

Congrats welcome to the ranks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, what a nice post, Hugh!  GREAT to see that you have gone from being a "wannabe" all the way to EIB, and I look forward to your Centurion submission!   Send me a PM, and I have a gift for you.

Thanks guys!

Congratulations Hugh! Welcome to the ranks Trooper!

Congratulations! Awesome comments about your wife. Mine is very similar. Lol

haha!

Wow, thank you for the kind words Hugh, I'm speechless. The 501st and GGG have an incredible addition to their ranks.  :salute:

Ah..you're welcome Tony...thank YOU!

So good to finally see that name in Green Text! Congratulations Hugh! Good Luck on all your future troops! I hope we cross paths one day.

Ah thanks Preston!  And thanks for them labels too!..haha

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...