Trooperbay vs. Hyperfirm? (Pre-Built Blasters)

TheBlooperTrooper

As the title says, I'm unsure of the difference. Looking into getting a pre-built blaster out of personal preference, and these two were what I saw quite a bit. Are there any major differences between the two brands? I'd appreciate any input :)

Both are made of a rubber like material... maybe the price is deferent?

The price itself for the standard variant of the Hyperfirm and the Trooperbay one differ by less than $10, so that's what had me confused. The elite variant of the hyperfirm supposedly has the D-ring attached and "upgraded cylinders," Unsure how much I'd really notice the difference :/

If the images are true on trooperbay, what he's selling IS a hyperfirm. IE they are just reselling the same blaster.

That's what I was thinking, was going to just get it straight from the source if that is the case.

Many things at TrooperBay you could probably find on your own. He makes is super easy to order though and has fantastic customer service.

• Like 1

Many things at TrooperBay you could probably find on your own. He makes is super easy to order though and has fantastic customer service.

Have to admit, from my other orders TrooperBay is a fantastic service. Just a little on the cautious side for this. While I like his reliability with products, the reputation from what I've heard of Hyperfirm is that they are super durable, which I might need to take into account, as I'm a bit of a klutz.

Any type of rubber/urethane blaster will be much more durable than a resin built.  It is all a matter of personal choice.  I prefer the resin built because you can take the details to the nth degree, especially with all the upgrades available, but the Hyperfirm offers you the chance to let kids hold it for photos without fear of dropping it.

• Like 1

Any type of rubber/urethane blaster will be much more durable than a resin built.  It is all a matter of personal choice.  I prefer the resin built because you can take the details to the nth degree, especially with all the upgrades available, but the Hyperfirm offers you the chance to let kids hold it for photos without fear of dropping it.

So the trooperbay variant is more moddable, but slightly less durable? I mean, I won't be dropping it every which way, but I want it durable to a solid degree.

• 3 months later...

I decided to go with Trooperbay! As Daetrin said, his customer service is top notch and I'm happy with the rest of the products I've received from him.

I had the exact same question as your Original Post. Would love to hear if you are still happy with your choice. And do you know if the TrooperBay would require any mods for Centurion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had the exact same question as your Original Post. Would love to hear if you are still happy with your choice. And do you know if the TrooperBay would require any mods for Centurion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trooperbay sells Hyperfirm blasters and a D ring you will need for centurion. To fix it you need to drill a very small hole in the stock where it extends out a bit, bend the D ring a bit to fit it in, and then bend it back. As far as I know that's all you need to do. I'm very happy with my choice, but if cost is an issue I would buy the gun directly from Hyperfirm and the D ring from Trooperbay, depending on what quality gun you want.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, TrooperBay is just reselling the same Hyperfirm you can buy direct from HFx.  No difference.  Handy way to just add one to your order if you're already ordering from him, otherwise, it's almost as easy to buy direct from HFx.

Only the Elite model has the D-rings preinstalled for Centurion.  That's a 5 minute installation with very basic tools, though, and then you're good for Centurion with ANY model Hyperfirm.  I can't recall which model TB resells.