Falciform13's AP ANH Stunt Build

I added more gray to the frown so hopefully it's a little better. Now I have another problem. Today I finally drilled the 3rd hole for the right ear. I must not have drilled it properly because now it's "bunched" up causing a big gap. I'm not sure what to do.

6d1422316e148cd1bf4defb2c9ba063c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great I just ran into another problem.  I chose to use all non sew snaps.  Today I added the snaps to the 3/4" black elastic strap on my shoulder bell.  I tested it by snapping it into the white shoulder strap.  Unfortunately, these Tandy snaps are so heavy duty that the snap pulled right through the elastic.  Has anyone experienced this?  I wonder if I can strengthen the snap with E6000.  Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kevin, all my snaps are non sew and they worked out fine (although my 1st full trooping, more than 1 hour, is next week).  I have gone through the same issue as you with the snap pulling through the white elastic for the shoulders when you try to snap it.  I remember seeing a thread where they put a rubber washer in-between the white elastic and the snaps to prevent this exact event from occurring.  Unfortunately, I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to whenever I can push myself to work it.  If I can find the thread i'll send it your way.

If you need a quick fix, I used my soldering iron to melt some of the remaining elastic around the snaps to the rest of the elastic and it has held up for now.  Not recommended for the long term.  Have not tried using E6000.

Found the thread!...from 2012, although it was more for the nylon straps rather than elastic, but the concept should be applicable.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/27-howto-make-stronger-elastic-strapping-for-your-armor/

If you try it, let me know how it went.