Troopergear.com

pofoke

I have a AM 2.0 to do my ANH TK and agree with Artshot. Its a very nice kit that comes with everything for either a TK or Sandy. I just spoke with TG last week and they are in the process of make more suits at this time including a new 2 piece helmet. Good luck you won't go wrong.

AM was my kit. Very thick and pre trimmed. Depending on your size you will be fine. It is made for people on the husky side. But all and all love the armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just for larger framed Troopers, though!  I am 5' 10, 155 and it trimmed up just dandy.  A very sturdy set of armor.  If I had a complaint, it would be that replacement parts are basically impossible to get.

I clock in at 6'1" and 220lbs. Had I not jumped on the Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Anovos pre-order deal back in April/May 2015 when they were selling dirt cheap ($350 for the OT TK kit) and/or not been able to make it work for my body (which I did), I'd definitely go with the AM 2.0 kit. These are the same guys that brought the venerable FX kit to the Legion. They have really listened to the fan base and made great strides in the accuracy of their product since the days of AM 1.0 and later on the NE - all while maintaining that sturdy feel that many other kits (such as Anovos) lack. Plus it comes pretrimmed - which saves you a TON of work over pretty much every other kit out there.

Once my newly-built Anovos kit wears out (and I'm already seeing some cracking of the plastic), I'll be going back to an AM kit.

Sweeeet. Thanks for the replies. <br>

I have one more question. I've seen some diversity about how the helmet fits with the AM kit. I've seen posts that suggest to get the AM kit with out the helmet. I'd hate to fork out $700 for a kit and then have to buy another helmet.... any inputs?

The major downside of the current generation AM helmet is that it comes as a separate cap and back. It makes it easier to make insofar as forming plastic goes, but more difficult to assemble once you get it. It also leaves an inaccurate seam in the back (that can be filled if you choose to go that route). The screen-accurate helmets have a single cap/back.

Earlier generations of the AM helmet were based on the oversized and oddly shaped FX helmet - that's probably what you were seeing when it was recommended to get the kit minus helmet (i.e. AM Lite). The current generation of AM helmets - separate cap and back aside - are much improved over the old FX-style helmets. So if I was buying a new AM kit, I'd personally get the complete AM package - IMO the perfectly color-matched helmet (it's the same plastic after all) is worth the extra bother of a more complicated assembly.

The major downside of the current generation AM helmet is that it comes as a separate cap and back.

Not anymore. And now, they offer a hero version

• Like 1

The major downside of the current generation AM helmet is that it comes as a separate cap and back. It makes it easier to make insofar as forming plastic goes, but more difficult to assemble once you get it. It also leaves an inaccurate seam in the back (that can be filled if you choose to go that route). The screen-accurate helmets have a single cap/back.

Earlier generations of the AM helmet were based on the oversized and oddly shaped FX helmet - that's probably what you were seeing when it was recommended to get the kit minus helmet (i.e. AM Lite). The current generation of AM helmets - separate cap and back aside - are much improved over the old FX-style helmets. So if I was buying a new AM kit, I'd personally get the complete AM package - IMO the perfectly color-matched helmet (it's the same plastic after all) is worth the extra bother of a more complicated assembly.

thanks. I didn't consider the matching plastic from different molds between the Armour and helmet.

The color of the ABS can vary between makers can be quite different, so like Brian mentioned, it's better to stick with one armorer for the whole kit.