COMPLETED! - 2016 FISD Annual Forum Hosting Fundraising Drive Is Over!

Dark CMF

• 2 weeks later...

The donations are still coming in, and as of today we are 3/4 of the way there!  Sitting right at $750 (give or take a few cents, due to exchange rates).  Nearly there!

• Like 1

Seems like last year this closed out really fast! Are the costs that much higher now, or are contributions that much lower?

Astute observation Ben, and you're all over it.  The costs are that much higher.  We actually eclipsed last year's total in a matter of 24 hours, but I want to say that the costs have tripled/nearly tripled, due to the introductory pricing that I mentioned in the OP expiring this year.

• Like 2

Is it worth exploring a new provider if the cost increase is that significant?

I'm fully aware of how non trivial this would be but with the renewed growth it may be worth considering.

• Like 1

FYI we're talking about incentives in the staff area and I'm sure Tim will have more news on that soon :)

You know, we don't actually need perks. That was just a joke. If you're going to though, make it something related, like a cash reward valued at our donation + 10%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it worth exploring a new provider if the cost increase is that significant?

I'm fully aware of how non trivial this would be but with the renewed growth it may be worth considering.

Honestly, that is handled at a larger level than me, and there are several Detachments that share the same hosting plan.  Thing is that the cost is broken down percentage-wise, based on bandwidth used.

At this point in time, we can either drive on, or reduce our bandwidth usage so that other Detachments wind up using more than we do.

I believe that given the two options, we should take option one, and I will ask if there is a way to perhaps secure some more special pricing, or cheaper hosting, but doing so would require all Detachments on the plan to agree, and given the amount that they pay and the work that would be associated for some people with a site move, it isn't likely to happen.

BUT....  

We are good.  :)  You all are awesome, and you are what makes this Detachment run like it does day in and day out, and thanks to your generosity and support, it will continue to run in said manner for another year.  

On behalf of the Staff, and the community, past and present, thank you to all who donated, and helped us reach our goal.  We just came across the line with the last donation!  Good job, FISD!

NO MORE DONATIONS!!!!!!!!  Save it for next time!!  :)

• Like 10

I remember when this was completed in 12 hours a few years back ;)

Great work everyone who donated :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 2

Huzzah!  Should we start collecting now for next year?  :laugh1:    Now some poor soul has to add all the Supporter 2016 badges.  Ouch.

• Like 7