HELP PLEASE!: Anovos TK set- Ab/cod piece falls down.

Hey guys. <br>

So I finished my TK set from Anovos. However the ab/cod piece tends to fall down, causing the butt, kidney, and back piece to fall. <br>

Which then pulls the chest plate up. <br><br>

Then my thigh pieces get pushed down and caught by the shins. <br>

(As you can tell, I'm a mess. Lol) <br><br>

Everything else fits just fine when I don't wear the ab/cod piece, nothing falls or gets pulled wrong. <br>

I followed the instructions that Anovos provided and even followed some of the tutorials here on whitearmor. <br><br>

So I was wondering if anyone knows what the problem might be.

I would go with snaps, Matt.  The Velcro system Anovos supplies is OK, but it can come undone on a troop (I have witnessed this several times) and will wear out eventually from opening and closing it frequently.  Snaps are permanent, which is why they are the choice of folks on the vast majority of builds.  I actually use 2 snaps on each side of my connections, which guarantees no seam separation or slipping.

• Like 2

Ahh alright cool thanks guys. So should I use snaps and suspenders then? Or just do one or the other?<br>

And if someone knows of a thread that shows how to put suspenders on armor, that would be great. I already tried looking through the tutorials and how to's but couldn't find anything...

Edited by TK141

Alright guys, so this is what I have set up to help with the ab/cod piece. However it still tends to slide down. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

This is how I strap armour when I use snaps and elastics. It is by far the simplest and most effective way to strap armour. No faffing around with suspenders. Just snap it all together and slide into the armour from one side - very much like you would if your armour was strapped using the screen-used method.

a7N7vVc.jpg

Stay well away from Velcro for connecting the armour together. Just use it on the back of the calves and to keep your belt closed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have built 2 Anovos sets now and I used most of the supplied elastic and 1" webbing from the kit. Along with a bag of 100 Tandy line 24 snaps. I used the 1" webbing to attach 2 male snaps to each "plate" and used 3 of these glued to each joint of armor. Then used the 2" wide supplied elastic to join these with 2 female snaps per joint. So ab to chest is 6 plates and 3 straps. Same for butt to ab, and ab to back. It is very secure and easy to do.

The first one I made plastic backed snap plates and riveted the snaps to them before gluing them to the armor. The 1" nylon webbing was so much faster, easier and I think looks better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 1

Brian is absolutely spot-on about using the nylon webbing to attach the snaps to the armor as shown in Paul's photo.  I used the plastic backed snap plates on my first build, but found that a few came off.  The nylon conforms to the shape of the armor better, especially on the curved parts.  

Mines setup almost exactly like Paul's photos. I just used 1" webbing to make the snap plates and 1" elastic with a single snap at each end. Just slide in from the side and do up 2 side snaps and the cod and you're in.

For me the plastic plates actually made marks that can faintly be seen from the outside. I wouldn't recommend going that way.

I also tried a single snap on 1" elastic but it allowed the pieces to move too much side to side and not stay in alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a timesaver, you only need snaps at one end of each strap. The other can be glued to the armor like a nylon snap plate.

I also glued both ends between the bicep / forearms.

Edited by vettereddie

Alright awesome, you guys convinced me to go snaps. So I'm going to start working on it. Now here's my other question, can I place snaps inside the kidney plate and snap on top of the sides of the ab plate? It would look like the Storm Troopers in battlefront. I ask about this because I'm kinda to skinny to fill in side the ab and kidney plate.