Death Trooper Armor and Helmet 3d printed

DarthBeavis

I am in the process of 3d printing complete sets of Death Trooper and Shore Trooper helmets and armor using Do3d designs I purchased (not sure if I am allowed to link their site - want to not break the rules on my first non-intro post.

Here are pictures of the models for the Death Trooper armor (linked from Imageshack again as to not point to a company selling products): 

29okhR.jpg

I am using a custom SeeMECNC printer that can print 15" diameter by 15" tall. We 3d printed the BB8 pictured for NVIDIA, We built a PC inside of it

eNiDRx.jpg

As of this initial post, I am 27% into printing the helmet at 100% infill using PLA (10 lb spool of black from MatterHackers). 

xShU8d.jpg

Here is a video of the print in progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWS4CeClWKU

Edited by DarthBeavis

Well, you're using simplify3d, so I know you know your stuff.   :duim:

Talking to them about proving a license for us to use on the next season of the Vanilla Ice Project (Season 7). I do the ultimate gaming room and man caves starting on Season 4. On Season 5 I included a 3d printer. Hoping to wear the armor on this Season if I can get it ok with the network. 

The filament is a 10 lb spool so I do not have to change spools mid print. 

Hows the accuracy of this design? Have the Spec Ops guys mentioned anything specific about it? 501st approved?

I'm following a few Do3D builds on The RPF and the C3PO, for example, isn't overly accurate. I'm considering the Tank Trooper, once I do a bit more research on it's accuracy. 

Impressive. How long is the print going to take? I imagine a very long time.

Be sure to keep us updated! :)

Hows the accuracy of this design? Have the Spec Ops guys mentioned anything specific about it? 501st approved?

I'm following a few Do3D builds on The RPF and the C3PO, for example, isn't overly accurate. I'm considering the Tank Trooper, once I do a bit more research on it's accuracy. 

The print takes 5 days for this helmet.

As for accuracy, I have not looked into it as I am really not 501st material anyways though I have talked to some of them at events like Maker Faires.  I am just starting to get into cosplay after having attended events like PAX for years (professional case modder so I normally have builds at the event and I have spoken on panels for about five years at PAX Prime and PAX East). 

Wow - 5 days! Seems so easy, but takes sooo long. Then the sanding, prepping, filling, smoothing afterwards. I'm still keen though as it allows you to get into the costume a few $$ at a time, rather than having to shell out big $$ for a full kit in one go.

Wow - 5 days! Seems so easy, but takes sooo long. Then the sanding, prepping, filling, smoothing afterwards. I'm still keen though as it allows you to get into the costume a few $$ at a time, rather than having to shell out big $$ for a full kit in one go.

I love the DIY work and figuring out how to do what. Plus I can modify the designs as I wish. This one I am making the legs shorter as I am only 5'6" and it was made for 6 feet tall. And don't mention me being too short for a StormTrooper because I will say that is not what your mom said last night . . . LOL

Thanks for welcoming me into the forums guys and gals! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...