ANH Stunt Build With Anovos Kit...Aiming for Centurion

Earlier this year I received my Anovos ANH Stormtrooper kit and was super excited to start work on it. Then I realized I had to finish my Master's thesis first, so I didn't actually start trimming out pieces until July. The pieces are all trimmed out with a basic edge sanding to aid with initial fitment. I have reviewed ukswrath's build thread and am ready to start fitment on the lower arms. Because I travel for 2 weeks at a time for my work I am limited on space to bring larger pieces with me. <br><br>

Starting with the left forearm I discovered not only does my fist barely make it through the opening prior to removing the wrist end return edge but the upper return edge is way too tight. This is even before trimming any material along the butt joint sections. Once I remove some upper return edge I'll reevaluate the fitment and determine whether I can afford to trim any without making it too small while wearing the black undershirt. Does anyone have a good picture of the wrist without the return edge for centurion approval they can share? Want to make sure I do it right at this point.

Looking forward to the build.

Ā 

You may find this thread useful http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/48-posting-images-in-threads-2015/

Ā 

There are a lot of tools and apps out there that allow you to reduce image size without loosing quality, here is a helpful video

The best way to post photos to this forum is to host them via a photo sharing site (I personally use Flickr), and using the image tags on either side of a http link to the photo's JPG file.

Ā 

As far as pictures of what a properly removed return edge looks like, I would just look through either UKSwarth's thread or some of the approved Centurion submissions. Also, instead of trying to squeeze your hand through while balled into a fist (assuming that is what you are doing), it would be easier to extend your fingers and then squeeze them together like a spear - then push them through. That will also allow you to make the wrist end of the forearm armor even narrower.

So using "fist" was probably not the correct term but essentially what I tried to do was make my hand a small as possible like trying slide it out of handcuffs. Even like that the wrist end is almost too tight without eliminating the return edge. Once I do that my hand might still be too large to trim any off of the butt joint area other than to make it a nice clean joint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
58 minutes ago, Jaylyon32 said:

So Centurion with an Anovos kit is out of reach for me based on my height of 6'4"

Ā 

Hi Justin, You can reach EIB and Centurion for sure Trooper.Ā  we have some approved EIB and Centurion tall troopers .

Ā 

Check this up.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

You may want to give a try and apply for EIB.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We are here to help you every step on the wayĀ  Ā :salute:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaylyon32 said:

So Centurion with an Anovos kit is out of reach for me based on my height of 6'4"...most important thing is my armor is complete and I'm ready to submit approval photos after a much longer time than planned.

received_283178357185900.jpeg

Nice work trooper, a great way to get feedback prior to applying for costume approval or even for getting feedback for EIB or centurion is to post in the Pre Approval Forum ;)Ā 

Ā 

Good luck with approvalĀ 

• Like 1