E6000 Adhesive

I'm starting to gather the items required for my first build and went to buy the E6000 adhesive. Why are there so many different types? Is there a recommended version (medium/high viscosity, fabri-fuse, craft, regular.....)?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what you are looking for:  https://www.amazon.com/E6000-230010-Craft-Adhesive-Ounces/dp/B007TSYNG8%3Fpsc%3D1%26SubscriptionId%3DAKIAJJY2YKHHLJKYIBNA%26tag%3Dslk03b1-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB007TSYNG8

Not sure if you are in the U.S., but be careful where you buy it from.   There are certain online sellers (including Europe) that are selling FAKE E-6000.  The genuine product is clearly marked Made in the USA, and has a batch number on each tube.  They do not sell to distributors in China or Hong Kong, so if you order from a seller there, it is probably not the real stuff. If you have any doubts, you can contact the manufacturer at www.eclecticproducts.com, and they will let you know where to get it.  The fake stuff is garbage.

If you live in the U.S., the best places to go are Michael's or a reputable craft store.

My Supply List may help you as well:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

• Like 1

I love E6000, it cleans up nicely. If you make an error, you can have a do over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Exactly, Ben.  That is why it is the "Trooper's best friend"!

• Like 1

This is what you are looking for: https://www.amazon.com/E6000-230010-Craft-Adhesive-Ounces/dp/B007TSYNG8%3Fpsc%3D1%26SubscriptionId%3DAKIAJJY2YKHHLJKYIBNA%26tag%3Dslk03b1-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB007TSYNG8

Not sure if you are in the U.S., but be careful where you buy it from. There are certain online sellers (including Europe) that are selling FAKE E-6000. The genuine product is clearly marked Made in the USA, and has a batch number on each tube. They do not sell to distributors in China or Hong Kong, so if you order from a seller there, it is probably not the real stuff. If you have any doubts, you can contact the manufacturer at www.eclecticproducts.com, and they will let you know where to get it. The fake stuff is garbage.

If you live in the U.S., the best places to go are Michael's or a reputable craft store.

My Supply List may help you as well: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

yea, I'm using you're list, that's how I found out about the E6000, lol. Thanks. Waiting on a reply from TK1336 or Troopergear about kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

ok "Made in the USA" and batch number - CHECK! Phew!!!

I´m close to starting to use E6000 for the first time (TIE Bucket for now) and I´m contemplating where I do it because of the fumes. I´ve read a lot about open garages and the like but I do see "living room table" builds, too. 

Can I use it in my office (maybe with a tilted window), would the living room with 2 windows open wide be better or will I have to use the space of my parents´company with a room, a hall that opens wide, has some parts covered by a lil roof and an open parking space?

I do have a mouthcover, too which I could use plus I´ll make sure my cats will not be in the room when glueing...

I´ve put waaaay too little thought into this point up till now :huh:

Edited by Memory

ok "Made in the USA" and batch number - CHECK! Phew!!!

I´m close to starting to use E6000 for the first time (TIE Bucket for now) and I´m contemplating where I do it because of the fumes. I´ve read a lot about open garages and the like but I do see "living room table" builds, too. 

Can I use it in my office (maybe with a tilted window), would the living room with 2 windows open wide be better or will I have to use the space of my parents´company with a room, a hall that opens wide, has some parts covered by a lil roof and an open parking space?

I do have a mouthcover, too which I could use plus I´ll make sure my cats will not be in the room when glueing...

I´ve put waaaay too little thought into this point up till now :huh:

It's your call to determine your own level of paranoia. ;)

Some people won't go near the stuff without a full face respirator with special organic fume filters. Others will only work outdoors. Others work by a window with a fan on.

Personally, I work in a large room in an open floorplan house. I'm generally only doing one or two pieces at a time, in the evening, and then I left them cure for 24 hours while I'm in another area of the house, and overnight while I sleep. You can't smell anything by morning. I'm good with that.

• Like 1

It's your call to determine your own level of paranoia. ;)

Some people won't go near the stuff without a full face respirator with special organic fume filters. Others will only work outdoors. Others work by a window with a fan on.

Personally, I work in a large room in an open floorplan house. I'm generally only doing one or two pieces at a time, in the evening, and then I left them cure for 24 hours while I'm in another area of the house, and overnight while I sleep. You can't smell anything by morning. I'm good with that.

hahaha oh my they´ll be through the roof then XD

Hm fair nuff thx mate :) Guess I can trust my cats to back the hell off if it smells cos smelling is ew and cats don´t like smelly..hmmmm  things might happen tomorrow - Monday tops! FINALLY^^