Jaltrooper's ANH Stunt "Tall Guy / Newbie" AM 2.0 Build

Hi everyone...wanted to add in a couple of "tips" on what I did in a couple of spots to help some things work.

On my right side Kidney-to-ab section, I took a 3/4" x 4" piece of my scrap ABS and sewed it (hand sewn...while watching ANH!) into a piece of 2" elastic:

20170217_180538_zpsy8mjnq3z.jpg

20170217_181824_zps68v0bfxm.jpg

Of course I used my soldering iron and made sure the ends were "fray proof"...

20170225_133647_zps0yrpdcks.jpg

20170225_133653_zpszvlkeibs.jpg

I lined up the sewn piece exactly even with the top of the armor...then measured the snap centers, trying to keep it as "centered" as I could...installed the female snaps...and there you have it. I made the holes with my trusty soldering iron...it worked out pretty well.

This picture is with just the one on the top. I have since installed the one towards the bottom, about 1" up from the bottom on the kidney piece and level with the snap plate on the ab. It really holds this side in place and not only keeps a good even gap on that side, but it prevents it from "bunching" and overlapping when the belt is pulled tight.

20170218_160314_zpslmbj1zqa.jpg

Hope this helps someone. May be a little "overkill"...but when I did my first test fit with the nylon strap, I was not happy with how it bunched up and wasn't held in place properly. So I did this to cure that.

Jon

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen...take a look to your left...

Out your window, you will see the result of two stitches, a few curse words...and a LOT of fun! 

Jaltrooper makes Expert Infantry!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Up next (after a couple of slight adjustments) I join my boy Chris as the other Centurion TK in the Alabama Garrison! 

Glorious day it is!!!

Do or do not...there is no TRY!!!! - Master Yoda (Rebel Scum)

Edited by Jaltrooper
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! 

Been a while! Enjoying actually trooping and doing some "detail" stuff. I received my I-comm this week, and decided to do the install, after some fitting and testing. While this is the "temporary fix"...it really works well, sounds great, and is a LOT of fun!

Here it is:

20170325_200155_zpsi3mi6rzu.jpg

So, I know what you are thinking..."But Jal, that is in the back!!!???". I know. I did this for two reasons:

1. I have the "SD Card" in the Aker (downloaded the "TK Chatter" from the 501st web site...LOVE IT!!!! Put it on the SD Card, plugged it into my Aker 2800...the big one...and it "loops" chatter sounds from the Death Star in), and putting it in the chest plate, it poked into my rib, and pulled my shoulder pieces into the backs of my shoulder...had the "test fit" on for about 5 minutes, and it was not comfortable at all. In the back section, there were two advantages, I can turn the Aker upside down, but put the speaker in the "round part" and the voices expand through it, and escape loudly, and clearly. The SD card sits in the bottom "trench" of the back box, so I lose no room at all having it back there. The I-Comm is so small, there is no worry there. 

2. I did the two "test fits" with my Daughter listening, and she said it had the appearance "the voice was coming from the helmet" in both...so I figured that would work. I can use the indentations, as mentioned above, to "pipe the sound out. So I am pleased with how it works.

I took some "wire cover" and cleaned up the wires until I get a smaller "audio jack reel"...so it looks clean and "space-man" like. So I am happy. Considering this is temporary, it was a cheap alternative for now until I go all out and do the entire self-contained helmet set up...coming soon to a bucket near you. Bought the aker used a few Months ago...so I figured I would get a little use out of it till I do my full mod. 

Hope you like it! 

Have a great Sunday tomorrow everyone!

Jon

P.S. Getting the mic and speaker farther away from one another cut out any small "feedback issues" if I leaned my chin forward. I had a couple of those on my last troop, so this also cuts that out.

Believe me, tha Aker 2800 is PLENTY loud enough to be heard, if I go over 1/2 volume...it is almost too loud...

Oh, I covered the red "power on" lights with a small piece of black "Gorilla Tape" to hide the thing even more. Wired headphone (just makes more sense than dealing with all the "stuff" of the wireless) runs under neck seal to rear plate. PTT cable goes right down right arm to right thumb. 

Just thought I would add those in. 

I just laugh at the "that's what she said" chatter..."report to your supervisor at once!!!"...Hahahaha.

CENTURION ACHIEVED!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped, encouraged and listened to all my rambling on! 

I hope that somehow some of it has helped someone else here and there! My purpose for this thread was always to give back all that had been given me through this process!

So, If I did do so, I would be very happy that I at least didn't just talk everyone's ear off!

Now, on to trooping, helping the 501st and our charities, and "HWT" is next! 

Look for my DLT Build and other items down the road in another thread! 

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!

MTFBWY!

Jon

• Like 1

Hi Bill!

Thanks for the kudos! Much appreciated!

For help on the shins, I did a post on that on Page 4 of my build...it's about half-way down, January 20th at 12:06 a.m. (geez, I was up late on that one!!!)

You want the one with the "single / slow curve" on the outsides, and the one with the "out-in" look, and the indention on the front of the shin, on the insides. But look at the 1st page 4 picture, and that'll show you how I made sure I had the right pieces. Once I determined which was which, I did a test fit, like this:

20170202_200258_zpsxcwttmzv.jpg

just to be sure they looked right and matched what I needed. The tops can confuse you a little, so focus on the shapes of the armor, vs. what the "leg should look like", i.e. the "calf-muscle" to the inside / slow curve to the outer side...and you should be ok!

Feel free to PM me if you need any further clarification. Glad to help!

Jon

Gee...what's that on top of my credenza at work? 

A Kylo-Ren Modded BS mod, a TK BS mod...oh, and my CENTURION CERTIFICATE between them! 

Haha...I swear, the folks at the office think I have a MAJOR SW problem. GUILTY!!!

20170328_144147_zpstwf6ehqu.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I got the EIB and Centurion Patches put on my FISD Racing shirt!!!

What a proud moment!!!

20170408_231929_zpsiiupuj7s.jpg

Not just that I got EIB & Centurion...but that I actually put them on myself!!! 

Hahaha!

Enjoy!!!

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Oh, my...Gosh!

Has it been this long?

I wanted to drop in and bump my thread back up...and apologize for having been "sidetracked". The good news is...it was due to trooping, Garrison work, Saber Building and representing the FISD locally...and building my Vader!

Either way...time for me to learn to be a "multi tasker" and get back in the forums to offer any assistance I can! 

I know my thread has probably become obsolete with some of the new things I have seen...but why not...enjoy!