RS or Anovos?

Skylar Leakey

If you are truly looking for a prebuilt set because you aren't very crafty (and most of us were in the same boat but you learn via study and experience), you are better off going with RS Props - they will request your detailed measurements and build the suit accordingly. Anovos, on the other hand, builds to a "one size fits all" philosophy.

Having said that, it is always better (and far less expensive) to take the time and learn how to build it yourself.

• Like 2

Welcome, Skyar!  There are literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of approved Troopers out there who had absolutely zero experience building anything that ended up with great looking sets of armor.  It all comes down to research, patience, research, time, and research.  Yes, I said research 3 times.... it's that important.  You can't be in a rush building a TK kit, and there are hundreds of people here to help you every step of the way.

If you decide to go with the RS Props, they make a fantastic set of armor.  VERY screen accurate, and pretty much Centurion level ready right out of the box, (but you will have to apply for EIB first).

The Anovos pre-built seems pricey to me.  Plus, there is a wait, and as of now replacement parts are not available if needed.

RS also has a fantastic reputation of great customer service.

Whichever route you choose, we look forward to welcoming you to the 501st and FISD!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome Skyar,

agree with Joseph,  research, patience, research, time, and research.

If you can reach garisson/squad or Outpost near you, I'm pretty sure they will help you with your build, either RS or Anovos.
  • Like 1

It may need a few adjustments, but you should be able to apply for EIB right after your basic approval, then Centurion.  You should check out the Advanced Tactics section as well,and look over some of the submission threads (especially the RS ones*) which will give you a good idea of what to expect.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/113-advanced-tactics/

*Here is one example: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39219-tk-12513-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-rs-651/

• Like 1

The self buld would be great but sadly I have no equipment and no way to meet up to locl people.. I am in south Carolina and my Garrison are the Carolina Garrison.

You should at least sign up on the Carolina Garrison boards. I know for a fact that there are Carolina Garrison members in SC (including the Legion Founder). If you can't get to them, then depending on where in SC you are perhaps a few of them could be convinced to come to you.

• Like 1

The self buld would be great but sadly I have no equipment and no way to meet up to locl people.. I am in south Carolina and my Garrison are the Carolina Garrison.

I built my TK almost exclusively by myself, in my apartment, using only scissors, clamps and magnets. I bought them specifically for this build as I have no tools outside of a basic rachet/screwdriver set.

It's really doable, unless you live in one of those tiny home you see on TV...

• Like 1

I built my TK almost exclusively by myself, in my apartment, using only scissors, clamps and magnets. I bought them specifically for this build as I have no tools outside of a basic rachet/screwdriver set.

It's really doable, unless you live in one of those tiny home you see on TV...

Oh and I'm a real dummy when it comes to building stuff too!!!

I'm currently building my first armor (as life and time allows) and I can tell you, if I can do it, so can you. There's a huge wealth of knowledge to be found here and tons of videos on YouTube some of these guys have done to help you along the way. Plus, any questions you might have can be asked here and these guys are extremely helpful. Then you also have members that live near your area from your local garrison that I'm certain would be willing to give you any further assistance you might need. Then when your finished, you have something to be around of that YOU built. <br>

I'm looking forward to getting mine finished and wanting to build another afterwards with my new found knowledge.

• Like 1

If you have the funds I would go with RS. If you give them accurate measurements they will build a suit best for you for sure, maybe some small adjustments afterwards but nothing major. Wait time will be shorter to have them build it and they offer replacement parts if needed. I own and built an RS PVC armor set and it was fun. Lots of mistakes made but got it completed. I had them assemble the helmet, wasn't confident at the time to do that. No regrets for sure with their armor and service.

• Like 1