TKTalkie V2.0 Released!

Starting to source parts for a build in Canada, researching for local suppliers for the parts(processor and audio board) rest is easy.. 

Hey Chris, I saw your later post on MEPD forum, that you found a local supplier up in Canada.  Care to share what it is?  I'm sure your fellow Canucks would appreciate the pointer. :)

Edited by kman

Hey Chris, I saw your later post on MEPD forum, that you found a local supplier up in Canada. Care to share what it is? I'm sure your fellow Canucks would appreciate the pointer. :)

Roger that brother.. Diigiit Robotics Canada out of Montreal

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

I was thinking about something... could it be possible to make this setup both an hearing assist and a voice changer?

Since the voice changer is mono, we should be able to wire two mics on each channel and do the same with the output where it could go to an earpiece for one and to a speaker for the other. If the amplification is done past the split, this should help controlling the levels and keep at the appropriate levels without having a strong dependency.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm back in the U.S. and am trying to get the V3 tutorial finished up.  Work is a bear right now and this weekend I have to finish my GF's TK in time for a Con, so working on it as I can.  I'll try to get the wiring diagram for the BLE up here has fast as I can at least.  Once V3 is ready to go I'll probably start a new thread.

I was thinking about something... could it be possible to make this setup both an hearing assist and a voice changer?

Since the voice changer is mono, we should be able to wire two mics on each channel and do the same with the output where it could go to an earpiece for one and to a speaker for the other. If the amplification is done past the split, this should help controlling the levels and keep at the appropriate levels without having a strong dependency.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There may be a way to do that.  The audio shield routes all signals through both the headphones and the line-out at the same time, so would have to see if there is a way to route signals separately.  Also, I wear my TKTalkie in my chest plate by my speaker, so wiring may be an issue.

I like this idea, though!  That's whats great about this project I think ;)

• Like 1

Any update? 

Here is the tutorial for adding the BLE.

http://www.tktalkie.com/tutorial/v3

Please feel free to provide any feedback regarding the tutorial.  I want to make it as easy to follow as possible.

I am hoping to have the sketch and app ready to go around Apr 1.  I am making some much needed optimizations to the sketch and have a final field test of the app this weekend.

Also, I purchased a new 3d printer in order to produce cases but it arrived with some faulty parts and I still have not received replacement parts from the vendor, so that has thrown off that schedule :/  I'll come up with something different in the mean time I guess ;)

• Like 1

Thanks man, I don't have any troops until May so just doing some maintenance and playing with electronics until then. Sorry to hear about the printer. Will you release the file so we can get cases printed locally?

Yep I'll get that up as soon as I can. It's just the V2 case with an extra opening

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks, I thought you meant you designed one to house the BLE. I will drill a hole but perfect for people new to this project!

I still want to design one for that. My initial design was too large. I still want to keep it as compact as possible, and having the ble external allows for different mounting option (for example if you put the TKT in your helmet.) I am playing around with a design, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, when will V3 come out? Just a quick question. Thanks!

I was hoping for aroind Apr 1 but life and technical issues got in the way

I am finished with the code and am wrapping up final testing and updating the tutorial and documentation. I did a final field test with myself and another TK this past weekend and the only issue I had was forgetting to recharge my wireless mic

I think I should have the new code and documentation ready within the week and will post here an on the TKTalkie FB page when it's ready.

• Like 2

I was hoping for aroind Apr 1 but life and technical issues got in the way

I am finished with the code and am wrapping up final testing and updating the tutorial and documentation. I did a final field test with myself and another TK this past weekend and the only issue I had was forgetting to recharge my wireless mic

I think I should have the new code and documentation ready within the week and will post here an on the TKTalkie FB page when it's ready.

Thanks! I'm planning on building one. Can't wait!

Edited by Stormystormtrooper

• 5 months later...
HI, the tk-talkie only working with Teensy board? or wich arduido board similar?
sorry for my english.

Yes it is designed for the Teensy 3.2. Check out the website tktalkie.com