TFA First Order Stormtrooper Helmet Build

11 hours ago, Parquette said:

Beautiful work! I've found using Automotive Polishing compound works a treat when getting a smooth, reflective finish on spray paint.

I actually used it for my R1TK Bucket and it truly makes it look like a production piece. Just make sure to buff it really good.  

This is the brand I use: Meguiars Polishing Compound.

Thanks for the info! I have used some polish that I had on hand. What do you use when you buff it? I was thinking a microfiber towel by hand? Any better method?

4 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Aaron, long time no see. I have a couple of Derrek's buckets. Nice work on yours :jc_doublethumbup: 

Yeah, it's been a while. Just done spending some time in the Bluegrass Garrison's turf. I am glad to be back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T K said:

Thanks for the info! I have used some polish that I had on hand. What do you use when you buff it? I was thinking a microfiber towel by hand? Any better method?

Yeah, it's been a while. Just done spending some time in the Bluegrass Garrison's turf. I am glad to be back. 

Just use a polish sponge to rub it in, then use any towel (I honestly prefer to use an old shirt) to buff it out. Just anything that has a good grip and won't slip on the surface. 

7 minutes ago, Parquette said:

Just use a polish sponge to rub it in, then use any towel (I honestly prefer to use an old shirt) to buff it out. Just anything that has a good grip and won't slip on the surface. 

Good to know. I will probably give it a go tomorrow. 

Buffing. It is a lot like sanding. Ha. Well this is the stuff I picked up.

3384297774526226093__MG_8796_zpsbybn57q7

And I followed it up with these

-4053207919320215024__MG_8799_zps5tkexy2

And here are the pictures.

2180260134403285573__MG_8795_zps4gatswo0

-6160968627654921317__MG_8793_zpsclhw49u

5183721899503784343__MG_8792_zpsfwivu93f

-6871855238795293846__MG_8789_zpsl18rxd3

I like this! My arm doesn't though.  

20 minutes ago, Parquette said:

That is gorgeous!!! Imagine what the rest of the armor will look like :O 

College has me tied down right now with the funds. I probably will build the F-11 blaster before I get armor.