Underarmor...Type? and Search? Having troubles...

Okay... so for for me this has been the hardest part... finding and picking the right under armor..

At this point, I am frustrated enough to just pay the outrageous prices for actual under armor...

BUT... I dont know what to get?

HeatGear for keeping cool right?

So I decide, I had best go with HeatGear (for now at least).

Then I see... LOOSE or FITTED... ah crap! Now which do I want?

BTW try finding a small Under Armor long sleeve shirt and medium legging on ebay.

I searched through over 1,000 auctions! I finially found a shirt, but it's loose fit, and I dont know if I need loose or fitted.

And I cant find leggings in medium on there.

Anyway... I hope this all makes sense. Its half frustrated rant and half plea for help. lol

I was hoping to troop for the first time at the 4th of July Parade, but there isnt much chance of me getting this in time for that. Oh well...

::sigh::

Whatever you get you want fitted.

Also if you have a Dick's near you their store brand is cheaper than Underarmor, and doesn't have annoying logos on it. The pants even have a pocket inside the waistband that others don't to put your ID, car key, and a little cash.

Good luck.

Whatever you get you want fitted.

Also if you have a Dick's near you their store brand is cheaper than Underarmor, and doesn't have annoying logos on it. The pants even have a pocket inside the waistband that others don't to put your ID, car key, and a little cash.

Good luck.

We dont have a Dick's near us. We have... get ready for this... a K-Mart. <_< lol. There is a Wal-Mart about 30 minutes a way, but I didnt see anything there either.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, actual UnderArmor gets expensive. Bought a buncha Coldgear for my trip to Antarctica this fall. HeatGear should be what you're looking for to keep cool, yes.

Check a hunting goods store, they carry UnderArmor as well as other brands of tops and leggings. I liked to drop into Sportsman's Warehouse though they don't list a catalog on their website. Maybe see if you have a Cabela's near you. They also have their own brands of stuff. Maybe even an REI store.

I use Under Armour in the army and it works great, but at a price...

Today I bought black Nike stretchy runningleggings/pants. They didn't cost more than $60, and the upper body that goes with it is at around the same price. All the logos where hidden by the armour. :-)

for under armour you want compression fit.

You;ll have a hell of a time finding knock off brand stuff at kmart or wallyworld (Or target) until they start stocking up more for fall and winter. I gave up and broke down and picked up the UA stuff and had a hell of a time finding the right Heat Gear pants.

You can use the UA site to find a UA dealer near you. Most athletic stores sell them - e.g. anyone who supplies little leagues, soccer leagues, etc. That's what I did.

for under armour you want compression fit.

Careful, though. Compression fit is TIGHT. Got an UnderArmor Compression-fit leggings for my trip, and tried them on, wow.

Also look into Fitted, like SuperTrooper said.

I bought one of these spandex suits:

----------

...Shipping is $20, and takes about three weeks to a month, but the suit itself is only about $9.99. Cheapest alternative I´ve found so far. Sizes run small though, better buy one size larger (if it´s too big, you can just bunch up and hide the extra material under the armor pieces). I´m 175 cm and ordered a size L, wish I´d gone for an XL. Trooped with mine for about half a year now, 6-7 troops, and the suit is holding up just fine.

Remember to ask for a crotch zipper.

Oh, and I suggest you refrain from browsing their catalogue while at work...They´ve got some serious gimp wear!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I have a suit like that as well.. I have a full on dance unitard. Its a onsie... :D

I also have a second suit the covers everything, head to toe. That freaks out people when you debucket... :D

You, sir, are the dancing queen!

Young and sweet, but somehow I doubt the seventeen part.

Feel the beat from the tambourine!

(great, now I'm playing ABBA music videos off YouTube)

Ya know, I might have to try a full body suit like that. Not a bad idea and would probably annoy me less than pulling on several pieces.

Suppose I could turn to my fellow troopers and ask 'Can you zip me up?'

Suppose I could turn to my fellow troopers and ask 'Can you zip me up?'

That´s always a big hit at our troops. What friends are for, and all that.

And thank you. I now have this playing in the back of my head:

Put on your white sombrero

Saddle your horse my dear

And ride off into the sunset

You better go

For there is no

Place for you here

...And now I hope you do too.

I use this...

------

Its around $50, it has a zipper down the front, and the decals come off pretty easily. It is also machine washable, an important feature after you sweat your an impolite person off in it on a hot day. It also has thumb loops and foot straps too keep it in place. It breathes pretty well considering and mines been washed about 4 times with only minor signs of wear.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

i use one i got from triktoys. One piece, zips up the back ,and has a fly in the front for pitstops. I have a shoe lace type string tied into the zipper on the back to assist me in zipping up so i dont need to ask anyone for help :lol: Its a nice thicker material, but not so much where its too hot. Definately thicker than the cheapy 20 dollar dive suit i had got at first.I trooped in 90+ humid weather in NYC for a few hours and was fine. It cost about 65 bucks i believe.

• 5 weeks later...

I was in WallyWorld today picking up my Hasbro E11, $5.95 voice changer (it really does work!), dremel, and various building supplies (yes, I'm a noobie). I went over to the clothing section to see if they updated their own line of under armor and they had.

Being a rather stout lad, I chose the XL top and 2X bottoms, each were just under $12. I look absolutely ridiculous and pudgy in it, but it fits...and is sort of comfortable in a strange and creepy way. But it was really cheap an it will work.

Also, if by any chance the top rides up on me ( it's happened to me before as I wear this stuff while snowmobiling) I can put velcro on the bottom of the shirt and "anti-velcro" at the top of the pants. That should keep them together I would think. I can aslo wear it under clothes to get to the events.

My work here is finished. :P

• 2 months later...
I was in WallyWorld today picking up my Hasbro E11, $5.95 voice changer (it really does work!), dremel, and various building supplies (yes, I'm a noobie). I went over to the clothing section to see if they updated their own line of under armor and they had.

Where exactly in the clothing area did you find it??

I used a dive skin as well and have the zipper in the front so I can go pee. My current one is torn to hell so its time to start using my second one. I need to get a zipper installed on this one before I can wear it though.

I'm about to order a one piece suit from Renaissance Dancewear. They're the ones that made the undersuits for the tour suits as I understand it. Custom fit with a front zipper and a crotch zipper for when you have to go to the little trooper's room. Supposed to be purely opaque too. That's the problem I found with the knock off under armor brands...they show skin through. I'll give it a shot. Just waiting for them to open at 10 ante meridian (GMT -8) and I'll give 'em a call.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I too had a concern as to which undersuit to wear. I would like something thats breathable, yet is purely opaque. But also something similar to a unitard that is worn in one piece, as opposed to two separate "Underarmor", or the like, brand gear. Price really isn't that much of an issue (within reason). I did see the "Dive Skin" type suits. How well does this material breath, and how does it compare to your typical compression Underarmor? Does anyone have a suggestion? Or a referal based on previous trooping knowledge?

Much appreciated,

Ryan

Hey, i found this!

--------

I like the fact that it appears as though the hood is full all over your head so even if you take your bucket off you're still a faceless soldier (not to mention the free option for a pee zipper :P )!

~Brad

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed