Finished Pack Build

I finished this pack back in September but figured I would upload some pictures. I only had time to work on it a few hours a week and finally got it done after over a month of working on it.

Priming the parts

IMG_6792.jpg

After some painting

IMG_6797.jpg

Almost complete

IMG_6809.jpg

Finished

IMG_7114.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6855.jpg

Edited by Netliquid
  • Like 4

Well done! Great job on the weathering! Just get a little dirty and come join us!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Thanks haha! Im still trying to figure out the best way to dirty up the armor without getting it to rub off too easily but at the same time not be a pain if I ever want to go clean again.

Not getting it to accidentally rub off can be tough. You have choices on what to use. Many use make up. I use charcoal powder. We all use those cheap soft make up brushes. For me it wipes off nicely with Novus #1.

Not getting it to accidentally rub off can be tough. You have choices on what to use. Many use make up. I use charcoal powder. We all use those cheap soft make up brushes. For me it wipes off nicely with Novus #1.

Awesome I was thinking charcoal powder but wasnt sure how it would hold up, will give it a shot. Thanks Randy!

2 words John... Holy cow!  Well, one more, actually... OUTSTANDING!!   Your patience and hard work have really yielded great results, and I must say that could very well be the nicest pack I have seen.  The lines, angles and cuts are crisp and clean, (I have no idea how you managed to get those arch cutouts so perfect, but I am envious as hell), and the weathering is perfectly subtle, so time to go for your HWT approval!  Can't wait to see this in person soon at a Makaze troop!  (Just don't stand too close, and make mine look bad, LOL). 

• Like 1

Awesome I was thinking charcoal powder but wasnt sure how it would hold up, will give it a shot. Thanks Randy!

What material did you cut the arches out of. They look great and that is what I struggle with the most.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

Thank you all for the kind words! Joseph I used your pictures and Charles (Templar) as reference for my build and you were also a HUGE inspiration, so thank you again! So all the pieces that are on top of the project boxes and large radio box are all acrylic that were cut from a laser cutter and then painted. I took a bunch of measurements and had someone I met (local prop builder) who owned a laser cutter to cut me the pieces. With a little trial and error we got pieces that looked pretty close and matched the sizes needed. He still has the files and would be glad to cut more if anyone is interested, and as long as the project boxes are the same size they will fit perfectly.

For my ammo pouches I used snaps (per Josephs recommendation and pictures) to secure it to the front strap. I also decided to dye these instead of spray paint them. Went to Walmart and got some RIT black dye and let them soak in super hot water for about 2 hours and then washed them and let them dry. I filled them with black foam tube from Home Depot which I wrapped in black electrical tape so they would keep the form of the pouches and also helps keep them very light.

All the info on here really helped me out a bunch. Any more questions just let me know!

Edited by Netliquid
  • Like 2

He still has the files and would be glad to cut more if anyone is interested, and as long as the project boxes are the same size they will fit perfectly.

They came out amazing! I'd love to purchase some if you both are willing to produce more!