Ebay armor

CAPT4IN F4LC0N

This looks like a FX recast. This armor, if built correctly, can be approved for 501st.

The price sure is tempting, but it's a gamble whether the armor itself is good or not... Would you rather spend $200 on something that might be good, or spend a couple hundred of dollars more and know for sure you'll get something strong and durable.

Ultimately I'd recommend armor from a maker here, so you'll know you get something that will last. 

Cheers!

I would steer clear of this armor for several reasons, Nicolas. 

1.  Like Aaron mentioned, it is a cheap recast.

2.  The angles that are on the bottom of the butt plate, ab plate, and thighs are cut at WAY too sharp.  This can (and will) lead to it cracking/splitting in these areas.  They should be more rounded to prevent this.

3.  The belt has been cut too short on the sides.

4.  The thermal detonator cover has been cut too short.

5.  There are no return edges on this armor.  Anywhere.  

6.  It has been trimmed way too much in many areas.

7.  These lines in the listing: " With ABS plastic... if cracked or damaged, repairs are difficult, costly, and rarely return the plastic to it's original state" and "repairs to it can be easily completed by almost anyone" are total fabrications, and simply not true. If you needed to shim or repair it, you would be in for quite a challenge working with fiberglass if you are not familiar with it.

8.  Yes, you could use Bondo if needed... but then you would also have to exactly match the "automotive" paint color used.  This would be very difficult, as there are dozens and dozens of shades of white.  Automotive paint is normally done by professionals, and can be very expensive.

9.  ABS plastic is much easier to work with, holds up well, is easy to repair and is used for those reasons. 

If you are (hopefully) looking to join the 501st, I would highly recommend sticking with one of the vetted sellers here:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/ and steer well clear of anything found online.  eBay is a good source for many things, but TK armor is not one of them.

• Like 3

I can help here...

This is shipping out of Rowlett Texas, that's just down the highway from me and in the Star Garrison's North Texas Squad.

We are NOT aware of anyone casting or recasting going on here. This individual would have offered to the Garrison before eBay, and no one is selling a TK kit.

AVOID EBAY AND AMAZON!!!!

Sick with the approved vendors, it's stress free and correct.

Hi, I would like to know if this armor is a good quality armor for the price and if it would be approved for 501st.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152325913961?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

TK/TX 31201 : Star Garrison : North Texas Squad

• Like 1