Can we sit well in Full TK Armor?

Trooper Peter

Just like to find out from my fellow 501st TKs whether there is any difficulties in sitting down in cineplex seats whilst wearing your full TK Armor? Can you do so with them on, or have to remove your lower abdomen piece? *Wonder how Harrison Ford does it in SW: ANH * :D

Strangely this will be my first time watching a movie, specifically the upcoming The Clone Wars movie premiere wearing my TK cum TD armor. The same goes for some of my fellow 501st members who are TKs. In the past I've watched SW Episodes II and III dressed up in soft goods costumes (e.g. TR, and SL : Darth Sidious), but never in armor. ;)

It really depends on how you build your armor and how it fits on you. Case in point, one TK in my garrison can not only sit comfortably, he can actually cross his legs while in full armor. Another guy who riveted his armor together before he knew any better, not only can't he sit down, but he has a very limited range of motion in armor.

Also, not all movie theater seats are the same size. In some of the modern multiplex theaters here in the States, it's like sinking into your favorite Laz-E-Boy recliner, surround-sound included.

I sat on a bus. It depends on the seat - sometimes in cars the ab plate is not the issue - I have to unsnap the thighs and rotate them.

I've sat down (and stood back up unassisted) on those little plastic chairs that seem to be cons everywhere in full armor. I don't think movie theater seats should be much of a problem. The aisles & stairs, on the other hand... ;)

as an alternative:

My thighs still close with velcro in the back and snap to the straps that come down from the ab armor. I can take off my thighs and sit, bend over, and kneel down. I usually wait to put them on last because of the incredible range of motion that I have without them.

Phil

I've been to the cinema in my armour , and the only things I did was take my TD off , and take my E-11 out of its holster . Getting up out of the comfy chair was only a bit of a problem , but that could have been more due to old age ;)

LOL... well I sat in (and rode around) my Suburban with a wee bit of wiggling around... HELLS NO I didn't try to drive! :P

Yeah... that's a REAL Tanto knife blade strapped to my leg, what of it? ;)

100_1008.jpg

100_1007.jpg

Thanks for your helpful feedbacks and inputs my fellow 501st TKs, much appreciated. :)

This will give me a better idea on how to get down and get up again from the cineplex seats, which I'll put to good use for my fellow armored members and myself.

I sat on a bus. It depends on the seat - sometimes in cars the ab plate is not the issue - I have to unsnap the thighs and rotate them.

Paul, I'll be taking a similar course of action like you. In lieu of unsnapping both thigh pieces, which is already rivetted to my abdomen armor, I'll just remove them before sitting down. This can be done as industrial velcro is used to hold together the back of each thigh armor piece. ;)