Shoulder bell attachment

RLH2515

I use the snap on the 2" white elastic method to hold my shoulder bells up. My 7 year old goes with me to my troops and has a hard time doing those snaps. Any other methods to hold them up that may be easier for a yougling to attach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could use Velcro or even magnets, as long as it can't be seen from outside there wouldn't be any issues.

I use the snap on the 2" white elastic method to hold my shoulder bells up. My 7 year old goes with me to my troops and has a hard time doing those snaps. Any other methods to hold them up that may be easier for a yougling to attach.

try attaching bells without bicep and forearm before slipping into the clamshell... then slide the bicep forearm combo up. Much easier and can prob do yourself

• Like 3

^^ That's the method I use.  Before I started doing that, the shoulder caps were the one thing I really couldn't do myself.  Now, I don't need any assistance suiting up at all.

294b22c2e24c0e00b6fb756236b72203.jpg so I'll attach the top bell to the armor. Put the armor on then put the bicep snap to the bell. I'll try it tonight.

• Like 1

Yeah I can't seem to be able to get the other side buttoned once I have a side on. I can't bend my arm enough to button the last. Uggg thank the empire for squires

Edited by RLH2515

Yeah I can't seem to be able to get the other side buttoned once I have a side on. I can't bend my arm enough to button the last. Uggg thank the empire for squires

Try attaching the shoulder bells BEFORE you put the main armor on.  Then you should be able to get your arms through without assistance.  Then, as a last step, just slide the arms on like sleeves. :)

I did put the bells on first. But can't seem to get to the snaps that I use to attach the bicep to the bell. I'm gonna try leaving the bell and bicep together then just try the forearm last.

I did put the bells on first. But can't seem to get to the snaps that I use to attach the bicep to the bell. I'm gonna try leaving the bell and bicep together then just try the forearm last.

That might be easier.  I actually use Velcro for that particular connection (bell to bicep), so it doesn't require particularly precise aim like a snap does.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

That might be easier. I actually use Velcro for that particular connection (bell to bicep), so it doesn't require particularly precise aim like a snap does.

Velcro didn't hold too well is why I went to snaps. I usually have my daughter with me on troops to help but I'm going solo Friday to two different places and just trying to dress myself. I think I'll be asking for assistance lol.