Is the 501st requirements fair?

GandalfTheImperial

Also, that's 1. on collins dictionary.

here's 2

duplicate, facsimile; imitation.

You definition makes my point for me even more clearly.  A Facsimile or Imitation, is NOT the real thing, and does NOT imply that it is made of the same materials.  They are by anyones definition COPIES.  Anything you make that LOOKS like a blaster, no matter what it is made of, qualifies as a Facsimile, Imitation, Copy, or guess what, a REPLICA.

Let's try to exercise a little common sense here, rather that keep making the same complaint over and over even after it has been thoroughly explained and justified.

You definition makes my point for me even more clearly. A Facsimile or Imitation, is NOT the real thing, and does NOT imply that it is made of the same materials. They are by anyones definition COPIES. Anything you make that LOOKS like a blaster, no matter what it is made of, qualifies as a Facsimile, Imitation, Copy, or guess what, a REPLICA.

Let's try to exercise a little common sense here, rather that keep making the same complaint over and over even after it has been thoroughly explained and justified.

And that's exactly my point, again, as I said, over here, the police say

A replica weapon is a reasonable facsimile or copy of a weapon, even if it is not capable of discharging a projectile or substance, or a Category A, B or C weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or a hand grenade that is inert.

I never said a replica was the real thing, I just said a replica here is an imitation firearm. Thanks for proving my point even further, lol.

See what I'm getting at?

You explain what a replica is.

Which just proves my point, why they're not allowed here...

huyhuy

Edited by GandalfTheImperial

The way they worded it was very poor, and gives the feel of the definition 'has to be made from'

Not for me.

I guess i´m known as not a big fan of the rules and regulations, but i think you see problems where no problems are.

Edited by Lichtbringer
  • Like 1

Who cares if you are right or wrong [Edit: This statement is not meant to be rude :)]? This is a charity organization. This is a club in which we dress as plasticspace men based from a movie to make people happy. I can understand what you're trying to do, I truly do, but frankly your argument is not achieving anything. I hold you in the highest respect, so please let's stop bickering and move on.

Edited by T K

Not for me.

I guess i´m known as not a big fan of the rules and regulations, but i think you see problems where no problems are.

What's that supposed to mean? I just simply provided a very good argument as to why the requirements for a tier 1 t-21 and dlt-19 are stupid, and why 'based' and 'replica' are used in the incorrect manner as for what the members describe it as.

Let me sum it up.

Replica Firearms are illegal here.

All I practically said was is that it was illegal here, so why cant scratch builds be approved (it's considered seperate to a replica)

They're saying Replica firearms isn't an exact copy.

but : Replica: duplicate, facsimile; imitation

So, imitation firearm.

My state police laws on firearms

A replica weapon is a reasonable facsimile or copy of a weapon, even if it is not capable of discharging a projectile or substance, or a Category A, B or C weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or a hand grenade that is inert.

So replica/real mg-34 or lewis's are out of the question.

Now, based.

Based just means originating or made from. Look, Movie based from this book.

They say it actually means look alike. Which isn't the correct definition of based.

So I say Look like a real, or replica mg-34 doesn't makes sense, compared to the definition

Made or originating from a mg-34.

since a replica is a copy of a real one.

Hope you understand :P

Who cares if you are right or wrong [Edit: This statement is not meant to be rude :)]? This is a charity organization. This is a club in which we dress as plasticspace men based from a movie to make people happy. I can understand what you're trying to do, I truly do, but frankly your argument is not achieving anything. I hold you in the highest respect, so please let's stop bickering and move on.

I know, Once I've understood what they meant, I've just gave some critiscm where they could improve on what they meant.

But some people didn't take it too lightly.

The CRL stands. Anything scratchbuilt to look like something is based on that thing. The idea has a root to that thing, in this case a real life gun that was used during the filming of a movie. If your laws don't allow you to have replicas, or anything resembling a firearm, don't troop with it. Simple as that. 

The CRL stands. Anything scratchbuilt to look like something is based on that thing. The idea has a root to that thing, in this case a real life gun that was used during the filming of a movie. If your laws don't allow you to have replicas, or anything resembling a firearm, don't troop with it. Simple as that.

The definition was unnecessary since it's been posted already.

I don't think you understand. I just want scratch builts to be able to be approved. We can't obtain a replica here. Scratch built fictional weapons are allowed to be made here.

Hope you understand :P

I´m no native english speaker, but in this case i have the strong feeling you are the one who´s not understanding.  :lol:

Noone cares about YOUR definition what is what - everyone else gets the meaning. And it doesn´t matter if you repeat your opinion, as it wouldn´t change anyone else mind.

FACT is - if no gun is allowed in your area, noone will force you to use one and go to jail. If you use one, it should look as close to the real PROP as possible.

• Like 1

I´m no native english speaker, but in this case i have the strong feeling you are the one who´s not understanding. :lol:

Noone cares about YOUR definition what is what - everyone else gets the meaning. And it doesn´t matter if you repeat your opinion, as it wouldn´t change anyone else mind.

FACT is - if no gun is allowed in your area, noone will force you to use one and go to jail. If you use one, it should look as close to the real PROP as possible.

No one cares about my definition? Then they care about THE definition.

Nice logic, although you missednthe point of just having scratch built approved.

Thank you for being a minge.

Hey Gerard! Glad to see the enthusiasm! To a point... We're a great group and are here to help you. Your kinda overlooking a few things. "Based on" can also be used in a way like I did. I used images of a real MG-34 to help scratchbuild my DLT-19. Did you ever think some people don't know what real weapons the prop dept. Started with in creating blasters for the movie. It helps them knowing the Base or core of the replica they are creating. And second this back and forth arguing could be construed as trolling! In the end we're plastic space men and women having fun for a good cause. Let's keep it that way and hope to see a build thread from you soon. Again welcome to the FISD! And Good Luck Future Trooper!

• Like 1

Hey Gerard! Glad to see the enthusiasm! To a point... We're a great group and are here to help you. Your kinda overlooking a few things. "Based on" can also be used in a way like I did. I used images of a real MG-34 to help scratchbuild my DLT-19. Did you ever think some people don't know what real weapons the prop dept. Started with in creating blasters for the movie. It helps them knowing the Base or core of the replica they are creating. And second this back and forth arguing could be construed as trolling! In the end we're plastic space men and women having fun for a good cause. Let's keep it that way and hope to see a build thread from you soon. Again welcome to the FISD! And Good Luck Future Trooper!

Not trying to troll, thanks for the postive comment. My main argument was that scratchbuilds should be a tier-1 approved blaster, as scratch builds arent considered replicas in the 501st.

You're the first person that hasn't related to a previous comment that I resolved.

• Like 1

But that's the thing. We don't argue here! We're family! Everyone of us brother. As you stated you can have a prop weapon in your area. Then go for it! What are you going with? so I can find your build thread when it starts! I'm being biased here so I'll recommend a DLT-19 and go HWT! Check out my EIB thread and see how mine came out. Great talk Brother,

• Like 1

No one cares about my definition? Then they care about THE definition.

Nice logic, although you missednthe point of just having scratch built approved.

Thank you for being a minge.

Don´t waste peoples time, kiddy. If you don´t get it, it´s solely your problem. Stop trolling here.