ANOVOS TFA Kit - thoughts?

Daetrin

OK, so the kits are on sale. This is a great thread to share your thoughts on the kit, e.g. pricing, accuracy, etc.

https://www.anovos.com/collections/first-order-stormtrooper

Edited by Sly11
Link no longer active Sly11

The price almost made me pounce right away, but the issues I have with my OT kit I got from them made me decide to go with a members kit instead. I believe some of my garrison members bought this kit though.

i have put a kit in my chart, and im seriously considering getting it.. only thing thats holding me back is i don't know what the shipping is going to be....

they dont ship to norway, but i have found a freight Company to deal whit that issue, but they wont say what the shipping is inside the us to that Companys addres...........

does anyobne hava anny ideas?? they are located in New jearsy...

Shipping or design issues? Happy w/ my OT and other than the wait for soft goods no shipping issues.

I see some massive armor parties popping up when this finally ships, I might even host one.

Thin, like really thin, plastic in areas. The helmet started to tear. I know this was probably just one in a million, but I like the thought of going through a vetted seller here on FISD who you can talk to. Edited by T K

Anyone else making a FO rank pauldron?    I'd like to know if the Anovos one is worth it?

TK4205 has excellent ones made out of flexible rubber that has magnets applied, and TrooperBay sells plastic ones. I guess we'll have to see when the pauldrons come out how they are.

I bought an armour kit on the sale last night, so I guess I"ll find out how thin/incomplete/inaccurate it is, whenever they finally ship.  Honestly, I'm just hoping it's fully approvable and all that.  I can't see why it wouldn't be.. ?

It will be interesting going from one of the thickest TK kits out there (RT Mod) to this.  I am worried about the durability, but I guess I"ll just have to be careful.

I would buy one if I wasn't oversea. 

And I guess they have moved to full aluminium bucks, and that the vacuum forming must be handled by the same guys who are doing the OT stomtrooper. So we can probably expect much sharper details than the first armors.

The price point is tempting. I think I will wait and see how they are and maybe pounce on anyone who doesn't have the time to build one. We need more FO troopers for our Kylos in our garrison.

My biggest question mark is how thick (or thin) will the plastic be. If it's the same gauge of plastic used in the OT TK kits, then that could be problematic.

Also, here is a sneak preview as to what the kit looks like. As far as can be told, the seller stole or copied it from an Anovos facility in CA and tried to fence it on ebay - the auction lasted maybe a day before it was taken down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1-Full-Scale-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-First-Order-Stormtrooper-Armor-Kit-/332020418872?hash=item4d4df58938%3Ag%3AcncAAOSw4GVYGSPH&nma=true&si=Fi%2Bj%2FlaGn9c9I1VxqFYqidPwO4c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thickness concerns aside and assuming the above is an actual representation, I would buy it if I didn't already have one of the prototype kits. It certainly looks a lot easier to assemble. But I simply don't see enough of an improvement in the details to warrant it right now, at least while my current TFA kit is still serviceable.

Edited by Sly11
Link no longer active
  • Like 4

Yeah, certainly much easier to assemble especially if it comes pre-trimmed. Their goal was to make it about the same amount of effort as an OT kit. It looks like a bit of accuracy may have been lost to make it so, but I'm guessing for many it's a trade-off that is worthwhile.

• Like 1

I plan on buying one within the next week. The price point is good and I already got the standard helmet cheap on Amazon.

The wait doesn't bother me, I'll be lucky with the amount of free time I have if I can get my Anovos TK done before then.

Edited by TK8114

It looks like a bit of accuracy may have been lost to make it so,

I don't think so at all. Basically this new kit is correcting all the flaws the prototype had. The detonator is much more accurate for example. 

• Like 1

I don't think so at all. Basically this new kit is correcting all the flaws the prototype had. The detonator is much more accurate for example. 

I think that looking at it, you're both right.

The Detonator definitely looks to be more accurate in some ways, but the wrist/commo boxes on the inside of the forearms look like they'll be slightly less accurate, since they're molded directly onto the forearms, as opposed to added on separately.

I agree that there will be much sharper details and cleaner lines in the kit than the prototype/marketing kits had, but as Paul said, the way that they're molded may reduce a bit of detail here and there.

I can't wait either. I'm tired of being the only FOTK, or one of only 2 FOTK's, at troops.

I on the other hand, enjoy being exclusive. :P

But like you say, it would be nice to not be the only one present (or one of two). Even at our large events, that is often the case.

• Like 1