ANOVOS TFA Kit - thoughts?

Daetrin

We built the Anovos Shadow Trooper. It needed no painting. Did need to clean up excess glue when we assembled it. My son was at SWCO this past weekend on Saturday, and folks kept pointing out how shiney it was. The only thing he did was to polish it with a clean micro fiber cloth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We're not aware of anyone receiving the new generation (paintless) kits yet. The yoke alone is a complex section of armor that has no seams, same with the screen used armor. I personally don't think it's possible to assemble that area without painting. It will be interesting to see how Anovos has designed it. 

• Like 3

We built the Anovos Shadow Trooper. It needed no painting. Did need to clean up excess glue when we assembled it. My son was at SWCO this past weekend on Saturday, and folks kept pointing out how shiney it was. The only thing he did was to polish it with a clean micro fiber cloth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

None of the OTTK armor requires painting due to it's design, black or white, unless it's made of material requiring paint. The FOTK is ABS and can be polished out (I've done it) however, there are specific areas that require fillers that will need to be painted. I would imagine it would be possible to use ABS paste though I'm not sure how good that would look either without paint.

• Like 1

Of course I am going to do the heavy weapons Trooper one. Too bad he does not have a backpack. At least I know I could get that right.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Actually the Jakku guy has a side arm, vest, and a pack. The only thing he's missing in terms of accessories is the pauldron. You can always swap out the pack for the heavy cannon though, or vice versa. I did see one Jakku full up person including pack at Celebration.

• Like 1

Actually the Jakku guy has a side arm, vest, and a pack. The only thing he's missing in terms of accessories is the pauldron. You can always swap out the pack for the heavy cannon though, or vice versa. I did see one Jakku full up person including pack at Celebration.

Cool. I will have to start figuring every thing out. Do you have a picture with the FOTK wearing the pacj?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I couldn't find the screenshots that I wanted, but you can see him in glory on the Sideshow toy. He was one of a pair that was pursuing Rey & Finn through the market before calling in the TIE fighters to bomb the place.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-jakku-exclusive-hot-toys-902579/

• Like 1

Here you go. (ignore the red circle)

zxYxvcY.jpg

That's the photo I was looking for  :duim:

I asked Anovos about painting and they believe none will be required. Will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll see, exactly!

Believe it when I see it  :laugh1:

I just received an email and went and had a look, I like the price $800........not so much the estimated shipping via DHL of over $500 dollars to the UK (could be the express option), even when Anovos release there official shipping prices I expect the full set to be at least $1250 (plus whatever UK customs add...curse them), for a size that according to there little diagram will be a tough fit for my build.

Plus I am rubbish at painting, so the distinct possibility of having to paint the kit worries me.

• 1 month later...

What I really dont get it why the Premium Kit is delayed again and not a bit. Fall 2017 and the customer support told me that everything is fine and June delivery should work. I have no idea why the communication inside the Anovos is so bad they promise you that it will work and then there is again a major delay. Especially the Premium Kit is now estimated for later delivery than the later announced Standard Kit and one thing they pointed out from the beginning was that one piece of the higher price was the much earlier delivery date and that is clearly not given any more. They wanted to produce then in the US to get the Kits to us earlier and I am not sure if they are really produced there or in China. A few people from the support told me now that they are made overseas and a few moments later they said like ´´oh sorry no in the US´´. I really dont get what Anovos wants to achieve with that.

Sadly this has been going on for too long. I hear of people still waiting on goods they purchased two-years ago.

When they get it right they knock it out of the ballpark. Sadly, they seem to strike out more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Last time there were some problems with the helmets and they told me that was the only problem they had and they should be redone by one or two months. That was at the beginning of the year.

BTW Max ... you're in Europe, right? Check out the new kit from Mimic out of the UK. Looks pretty awesome. You might want to cancel and jump ship!

Sadly this has been going on for too long. I hear of people still waiting on goods they purchased two-years ago.

When they get it right they knock it out of the ballpark. Sadly, they seem to strike out more often.

Yeah I know that there are people who are waiting much longer than I do (Snowtrooper for example) but why do they not communicate better with us with. When they are honest I think its better than saying : ´´Yeah the Kit will come this month`` and then like ups it will be another 5-6 months. For me it looks like there is no communication inside the Company with customer support and the guys who produce these items, One thing I am extremely angry about is that the Standard Kit is estimated for an earlier delivery date. It would be great if that date is fix but I paid over 2000$ for that Kit and they told me that the price is also because a much earlier delivery date and this fact isnt given any more. So maybe refund of a few dollars would be great 

Yeah I know that there are people who are waiting much longer than I do (Snowtrooper for example) but why do they not communicate better with us with. When they are honest I think its better than saying : ´´Yeah the Kit will come this month`` and then like ups it will be another 5-6 months. For me it looks like there is no communication inside the Company with customer support and the guys who produce these items, One thing I am extremely angry about is that the Standard Kit is estimated for an earlier delivery date. It would be great if that date is fix but I paid over 2000$ for that Kit and they told me that the price is also because a much earlier delivery date and this fact isnt given any more. So maybe refund of a few dollars would be great

I've heard of so many people cancelling this kit in the last few days and ordering elsewhere.

I've heard of so many people cancelling this kit in the last few days and ordering elsewhere.

Really ? I just hope now that they deliver it by the time they promised now and than it is ok for me but no more delays. One more and Anovos will done for me. I really dont get why Lucasfilms gave such a company the rights and license to produce these items with delays over delays. 

• Like 1

BTW Max ... you're in Europe, right? Check out the new kit from Mimic out of the UK. Looks pretty awesome. You might want to cancel and jump ship!

Have you got a link to mimics armour?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have you got a link to mimics armour?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Look him up on thrRPF. He has also started a build thread under TFA on FISD.

• Like 1