ANOVOS TFA Kit - thoughts?

Daetrin

For myself, the TK is like an X-Wing pilot - always better the more of them you have. I dislike being the only TK, or one of only two TK's, at an event. If I want to be exclusive I do something else, like wear a space pack, or rock the ESB or Hero look.

• Like 2

I just ordered this revised kit.  Let the waiting game begin.  Expected delivery is Q3 2017.  I guess I can start working on all of the other parts.  Might as well go for a Heavy Weapons version since I keep building packs.

• Like 1

Heavy Artillery Vest is also for pre-order now :) What do you guys think ? I pre-ordered it and I want some comments about it what you guys think. Is it worth the money and is it accurate :) ? Would be great to get some comments about it 

https://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars-the-force-awakens/products/i-star-wars-i-first-order-heavy-artillery-vest-accessory-pre-order

Edited by Sly11
Link no longer active

Heavy Artillery Vest is also for pre-order now :) What do you guys think ? I pre-ordered it and I want some comments about it what you guys think. Is it worth the money and is it accurate :) ? Would be great to get some comments about it 

https://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars-the-force-awakens/products/i-star-wars-i-first-order-heavy-artillery-vest-accessory-pre-order

You might be able to get it for less if you build your own.  Plus you could have it sooner.  Below is a link to one of Ukswrath's Build Threads.  This one is for the vest.  I am going to go this route.  Also, you can get a good backpack to go with it from Walt's Trooper Factory.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34011-howto-ukswraths-first-order-heavy-gunner-flyye-vest-modification/page-1

You might be able to get it for less if you build your own. Plus you could have it sooner. Below is a link to one of Ukswrath's Build Threads. This one is for the vest. I am going to go this route. Also, you can get a good backpack to go with it from Walt's Trooper Factory.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34011-howto-ukswraths-first-order-heavy-gunner-flyye-vest-modification/page-1

There are also some great vest options already being made and available to purchase elsewhere.

• Like 2

The vest looks awesome, and the price is good - significantly less than the $200 shipped cost those of us who have the fan-made vests from Chris Hale paid for ours. However, when you add in the cost of Anovos shipping (which to my 20190 zip code is nearly $50) then add whatever the applicable sales tax is, the cost seems just about the same.

The Anovos vest does look a bit more accurate than my fan-made vest, and it certainly took me longer to get my vest that I would have liked. Nonetheless, I have it right now and have been trooping with it since this past June. So if I was starting my TFA TK journey completely from scratch I'd probably go the full Anovos route. But Anovos' less-than-sterling reputation for making their estimated shipping dates is something to keep in mind.

• Like 2

I agree with Brian. I have a fan-made vest and paid a lot more than ANOVOS. With ANOVOS, presuming the quality is good, the price seems good too. I'd order one if I didn't already have one.

I ordered one after the email went out letting us know that there would be no Black Friday discounts on the kit; I had been on the fence and gotten to the point of checkout a few times, but now that I know the price is going up now seems like a good time. Anyone know if they ship them out all at once or it it's based on order date still?

PS: Have they always charged a $12 handling fee? I don't remember seeing that before.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking at Anovos currently myself, have heard some not so good things about the helmet, inaccuracies, etc. What kind of changes are needed to their basic helmet to get approval?

Is the armor generally clean, sharp, wrist boxes good detail with this new revision?

Another option in my budget is 850 Armorworks helmet and FOTK armor, or, Anovos armor and Mitcheg1 helmet BUT want to get it before Ep. 8 comes out.

Has anyone heard anything on the acceptability of these kits?

850 Armorworks currently offers black ABS FOTK but not sure if they have white armor available yet so hesitant to get it but I've heard good things about their Shore/DT.

Didn't wanna start a new thread, thanks! Merry Sithmas!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was curious about the differences in the armor (plastic) itself between the standard and premium kit. 

They said that the premium is all vac formed whereas in the standard kit some of the pieces are molded (their words)?

Really torn between going for the premium kit over the standard kit but having a hard time justifying almost 4 times the cost.

Would be interested in input from those with way more experience with these kits than I...

Thanks

Bob

Edited by bobio

I'm looking at Anovos currently myself, have heard some not so good things about the helmet, inaccuracies, etc. What kind of changes are needed to their basic helmet to get approval?

Is the armor generally clean, sharp, wrist boxes good detail with this new revision?

Another option in my budget is 850 Armorworks helmet and FOTK armor, or, Anovos armor and Mitcheg1 helmet BUT want to get it before Ep. 8 comes out.

Has anyone heard anything on the acceptability of these kits?

850 Armorworks currently offers black ABS FOTK but not sure if they have white armor available yet so hesitant to get it but I've heard good things about their Shore/DT.

Didn't wanna start a new thread, thanks! Merry Sithmas!!

Aside from the sneak peek from eBay that I posted earlier in the thread, no one knows what this kit really looks like yet. It's essentially the same sort of speculating we were all doing prior to the start of shipping for the Anovos OT TK kit. But if it's at least as good as the prototype/marketing kits, assuming it is built correctly and to the wearer you should have no issue with basic approval.

I have the Mitcheg helmet, and I'm quite happy with it. It's my primary FOTK trooping helmet - my 1st generation ANOVOS premium now sits on a shelf.

I was curious about the differences in the armor (plastic) itself between the standard and premium kit. 

They said that the premium is all vac formed whereas in the standard kit some of the pieces are molded (their words)?

Really torn between going for the premium kit over the standard kit but having a hard time justifying almost 4 times the cost.

Would be interested in input from those with way more experience with these kits than I...

Thanks

Bob

In general, the standard kit is all plastic (including the helmet), the premium kit is the same armor but with a fiberglass helmet. Not sure what other differences there might be.

Aside from the sneak peek from eBay that I posted earlier in the thread, no one knows what this kit really looks like yet. It's essentially the same sort of speculating we were all doing prior to the start of shipping for the Anovos OT TK kit.

I have the Mitcheg helmet, and I'm quite happy with it. It's my primary FOTK trooping helmet - my 1st generation ANOVOS premium now sits on a shelf.

Thanks. Where did the OT kit fall short and where did it hit the mark, was it a drastic departure from their marketed prototype?

Another option I may wait for is 850 Armorworks' FOTK. Any feedback here?

I'm stoked about the Mitcheg1 helmet, just waiting on a reply but he says he can churn out one next month.

The OT kit seemed to more or less match the information that was available prior to actually being shipped. The biggest flaws had to do with the quality of many of the parts, most notably the fabric belt but other parts as well. For instance, the plastic is very thin, the holster is too rigid, the paint job on the helmet isn't what it should have been, the undersuit tends to bleed color, etc.

In terms of accuracy (with the notable exception of the number of holster fasteners on the belt), it's quite good. If built correctly and to the wearer's body, it is easily approvable for 501st Legion acceptance, and can be approved all the way to Centurion with a few mods and/or part replacements.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another preview of what this kit is actually supposed to look like, along with some statements from the Anovos CEO as to the build difficulty:

http://www.starwars.com/news/armor-masters-behind-the-scenes-of-anovos-first-order-stormtrooper-standard-kit?cmp=smc%7C767986363&linkId=33060951

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I had the premier line kit on order and received an email from them today that they are delaying it yet again (originally said to ship in Q3 2016) due to manufacturing defects with the helmet. I've decided to get a kit from another maker and cancelled today.

I had the premier line kit on order and received an email from them today that they are delaying it yet again (originally said to ship in Q3 2016) due to manufacturing defects with the helmet. I've decided to get a kit from another maker and cancelled today.

Bummer, sorry to hear that AJ

• 4 weeks later...

I'm at SWCO this weekend, so I took a few quick photos of the TFA kit that they had on display. For those of us who wear Imperial Gaskets (latex version) with our kits, the new Anovos gaskets are also made of latex - and they should look quite familiar:

4aba1efc38b442e82f167109a37f48bd.jpg

afa78fc976bbfdd8516e175ba82e4cb0.jpg

212930235057a74274f84e29bb500085.jpg

296c8ba1fad7276744db770c302619ab.jpg29c24293bb60b03b4149d10433c30895.jpg

79d7e755f035c263401cd1a114ae117c.jpg

The cost for a kit is $800, a bit less if you don't need the helmet. They aren't doing the preassembled option on these. I didn't ask them about their latest delivery timelines - given their history I didn't see much point in doing so.

• Like 1

I'm at SWCO this weekend, so I took a few quick photos of the TFA kit that they had on display. For those of us who wear Imperial Gaskets (latex version) with our kits, the new Anovos gaskets are also made of latex - and they should look quite familiar:

4aba1efc38b442e82f167109a37f48bd.jpg

afa78fc976bbfdd8516e175ba82e4cb0.jpg

212930235057a74274f84e29bb500085.jpg

296c8ba1fad7276744db770c302619ab.jpg29c24293bb60b03b4149d10433c30895.jpg

79d7e755f035c263401cd1a114ae117c.jpg

The cost for a kit is $800, a bit less if you don't need the helmet. They aren't doing the preassembled option on these. I didn't ask them about their latest delivery timelines - given their history I didn't see much point in doing so.

I can see people trading out the latex for silicone due to skin reactions/allergies. It seems like more people are turning with that sensitivity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered mine just a couple days ago, also getting the Heavy Artillery Vest from Anovos as well. I'm just wondering do you have to paint this kit? Does anyone know? Hopefully not... I suck at painting, lol!

Many have painted their ANOVOS kits to cover glueing, etc and to give an overall better finish.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone got away without any painting.

Many have painted their ANOVOS kits to cover glueing, etc and to give an overall better finish.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone got away without any painting.

I preordered mine back in November. I guess I'll see once it comes in if it has to be painted when I'm done. If so that sucks, I am not good at painting.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk