For all those that have Rom/FX

Right now I just have my ROM/FX mounted in a hollow along the inside rim of the helmet with some industrial velcro so that I can remove it easily, yet it stays put when I want it to. That way it is close to both the audio jack for my Hovi speakers (courtesy of Stomper) and also close to good mounting points for my AA battery boxes. I have an AP bucket and everything is enclosed within.

Right now I just have my ROM/FX mounted in a hollow along the inside rim of the helmet with some industrial velcro so that I can remove it easily, yet it stays put when I want it to. That way it is close to both the audio jack for my Hovi speakers (courtesy of Stomper) and also close to good mounting points for my AA battery boxes. I have an AP bucket and everything is enclosed within.

Ok i have to ask how do that hovis sound and how loud can they get ?

Ok i have to ask how do that hovis sound and how loud can they get ?

They are easily loud enough to be heard clearly in a room or even in a convention hall, as long as you're not trying to get the attention of someone a fair distance away. By switching to a pair of AA battery boxes instead of a single 9V the output can be raised up some, but it still isn't as loud as an external amplifier.

I preferr having everything mounted within the helmet so I don't mind giving up some on loudness. If its too loud for me to be clearly heard in normal conversation than I just turn the sound system off anyway.

Check out my album .. you'll see how I installed my RomFX inside my AP bucket...

--------

You can also check my build thread with all the photos and details ... use the search box ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Bigturc said:

Check out my album .. you'll see how I installed my RomFX inside my AP bucket...

--------

You can also check my build thread with all the photos and details ... use the search box ;)

I tried looking my friend i coulnt find your build page

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

I have recieved my rom\fx today and it better than I could have thought, I have the stun sound , a blaster sound and the imperial march. i will be trooping with it this weekend.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed