Rogue One Tank Trooper (Hovertank Trooper) Build Thread

Quinn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm working on getting my hover tank pilot helmet finished to the 501st specs,Ā andĀ Ā I was wondering if anyone could recommend aĀ sanding puttyĀ product. Also, the visor is pretty scratched,Ā Does that matter?
Thank you.

Ā 

Very respectfully,

James.

Edited by Revanchist

Hi James, this is a pretty old thread but to try and help answer your question, if it is a 3D printed helmet and you are looking for something that sands very easily, consider wood putty or window seal putty.

Much of it is water based so quick dry and very easy to sand. After that i would consider a filler primer in a rattle can. You could also use a spray putty, but because it tends to be thicker, you may well lose some smaller details, like the side ear markings.

Primer filler is great because it is also easy to sand and can be painted directly over.

8 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Hi James, this is a pretty old thread but to try and help answer your question, if it is a 3D printed helmet and you are looking for something that sands very easily, consider wood putty or window seal putty.

Much of it is water based so quick dry and very easy to sand. After that i would consider a filler primer in a rattle can. You could also use a spray putty, but because it tends to be thicker, you may well lose some smaller details, like the side ear markings.

Primer filler is great because it is also easy to sand and can be painted directly over.

Thank you!