Which boots?

I'm about ready to order my TK boots. What are your thoughts on TKboots or Imperial Boots??<br>

I wear a size 9US. As I understand it TKboots is a bit wide at the top. If this is true, I will go with Imperial Boots. I don't want to have to deal with a problem of having difficulty getting my boots to fit inside of my calves. What experiences or advice do you all have to offer?

I own a set of Imperial Boots, Ron, and while they are of great quality, I would recommend ordering a full size larger than you normally wear.  I have had no problems with them, and the customer service was great.

• Like 1

I also went with Imperial Boots. But no matter which you go with, always remember they are not ideal for parades without padding lol.

Edited by Pretzel

I also went with Imperial Boots. But no matter which you go with, always remember they are not ideal for parades without padding lol.

I'd disagree. I've worn mine, as supplied, for 7-8 hours after spending a week walking round London and my feet didn't even register as a pain point.  I've done this a couple of times.

• Like 1

Then your feet are made for this.. maybe I just need a few more miles in mine lol :laugh1:

The first time I did that was the first time I wore them for more than a few minutes at home!  They are really nice shoes  :peace:

• Like 1

I have to vote for TK Boots.

The boots are amazing and the customer service is top notch. My wife's boots were too small because he doesn't have women's sizes and they went above and beyond to exchange them for a size larger. I also needed a pair for my shadow trooper so he made me a great deal on a less than perfect pair that were not up to their standards since I was painting them black. When they arrived they looked perfect except for a small leather grain pattern so their inspection process is very high on quality. For my first outing about 4 hours on Halloween they were very comfortable as delivered.

They were easy to get on and the top fit fine inside my shins.

As far as freebies, they come with stickers, a awesome patch, shoe horns and 2 cloth storage bags.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about ready to order my TK boots. What are your thoughts on TKboots or Imperial Boots??<br>

I wear a size 9US. As I understand it TKboots is a bit wide at the top. If this is true, I will go with Imperial Boots. I don't want to have to deal with a problem of having difficulty getting my boots to fit inside of my calves. What experiences or advice do you all have to offer?

where do you go to purchase them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where do you go to purchase them?

http://www.imperialboots.com/

Though they do wave based ordering, so their next run isn't until the new year.

I have to vote for TK Boots.

The boots are amazing and the customer service is top notch. My wife's boots were too small because he doesn't have women's sizes and they went above and beyond to exchange them for a size larger. I also needed a pair for my shadow trooper so he made me a great deal on a less than perfect pair that were not up to their standards since I was painting them black. When they arrived they looked perfect except for a small leather grain pattern so their inspection process is very high on quality. For my first outing about 4 hours on Halloween they were very comfortable as delivered.

They were easy to get on and the top fit fine inside my shins.

As far as freebies, they come with stickers, a awesome patch, shoe horns and 2 cloth storage bags.

I concur.  I have nothing bad to say about Imperial Boots, but for US-based buyers, TK Boots is likely to be an easier transaction, since they ship out of SoCal and keep stock on hand (check before ordering to make sure they have your size, of course).  IB's wave system works as advertised, but it's definitely not fast, even if you get lucky and they're going a run.  TKB is a little cheaper, as well.  And yes, they send you a sticker, a patch, a shoe horn (I got 2!) and storage bags for the boots.

For people outside of the US, the math is different, and IB may be the cheaper option.

Hi 

Since our name has been brought forward, allow us to comment. 

Price wise the boot is actually cheaper at ImperialBoots. With shipping fees, outside of CA and neighbouring states, the price of the boots shipped is within 10US$ of TKboots. As noted anywhere else in the world the cost - shipped - becomes much cheaper at ImperialBoots. 

It is also important for us to note that we have our 421 in white, red and black, we also produce the TFA boots, the rogue one shore trooper , the tank trooper, and soon the death trooper… and many others. The reason is that we are shoe makers, we don’t order elsewhere, we produce our shoes.  

It is however inaccurate to imply we do not have stocks; we do. We simply choose the wave system because it is the best way to answer everyone’s demand across all products. Equally there is never any need to check if a 421 size is in stock, if it is not we will produce it and have it shipped as soon as it has gone through QC; thus no need to wait several weeks for a new batch to arrive. 

While we know delivery time can be “longer” most boots get delivered relatively promptly sometimes as fast as 5 days even though we ship from half way around the world.

• Like 1

So if I buy from ib I need the 421 for AM build, correct? And I should buy one size larger.

The 421 are what you want for a Origional Trilogy Stormtrooper and standard advice is order up 1 size.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the T7 boots from Imperial boots, says is shipping from China.  

I hope then that you are building a First Order Stormtrooper, because that's what those boots are for. The 421 boots are for the classic OT Stormtrooper.

• 4 weeks later...