HWT- The Evolution of Pretzel TK

Pretzel

Well, this won't be much of a build thread. But would like to announce that I will be transforming my TK to a HWT.

I have been incredibly busy with photography and was lucky enough to find Crooknight who has offered commissions on building a HWT pack.

Today.. My pack is being shipped. I have a lot to the pieces.. Except for the heavy weapon. I know we can be approved with an e-11 but to me.. If you wanna be a true heavy... You need a heavy weapon. So I'm working on that last bit.

Big thanks again to Crook for creating a beautiful pack for my HWT.

bd54fc5f927da1587a50ebd5735af7c7.jpg
(I also have a black pauldron)

ae33ef61f8d94c86e817eba65376c2dc.jpg

(just testing out the Pauldron on taking out my girlfriend's nephew for Halloween)

49ae6b7e8adace9a28870655329e4e7f.jpg

My beautiful Pack created by CrookKnight

d0c3c57ff3ada34a20f452909bf745a5.jpg

Edited by Pretzel
  • Like 1

CoolHand,

I actually picked up a black Pauldron from Jay Parsons. Great Work. The orange Pauldron. I am not sure.. My girlfriend actually surprised me with it. She got it off someone on the forums, but I can't for the life of me remember the name. As for the MP40 puches that I will need to paint black, I got off ebay. Just search MP40 pouches! :)

• Like 1

I hope you are going to weather that pack, Preston!  You don't have to go crazy with it... sometimes less is more.  I used some silver paint on the edges here and there and smudged up other areas with black -----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

So,

I am at a cross roads with weathering the pack and TK. I understand that I can pass without it being weathered. but EIB/Centurion is an option. however, if I do that, then I will also need to weather my ANH TK. :( Unless I get another set of armor.. which isn't in my budget right now haha.

I eventually would like to weather it a tad, but like Shea, I may want to keep both so I can alter between HWT and TK. Unless their is an easy way to clean off the weathering on the armor that doesn't take all day. :laugh1: 

Nice packs.. I like Paul's but I wonder if that is approvable.

So,

I am at a cross roads with weathering the pack and TK. I understand that I can pass without it being weathered. but EIB/Centurion is an option. however, if I do that, then I will also need to weather my ANH TK. :( Unless I get another set of armor.. which isn't in my budget right now haha.

I eventually would like to weather it a tad, but like Shea, I may want to keep both so I can alter between HWT and TK. Unless their is an easy way to clean off the weathering on the armor that doesn't take all day. :laugh1:

Nice packs.. I like Paul's but I wonder if that is approvable.

Get approval before extra mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Get approval before extra mods

Mods off canon is my personal choice, get approval first

My garrison is quite relaxed

I troop often and believe in making people smile

others do this for super accuracy, thats great as well

Always get approved first!!!

• Like 1

I'm a fan of mods. My pack has traser lights on sides of pack and a flashing red light in radio. Even a DVD player in there too. But the stuff is hidden. Only used on those casual troops. But it still looks like CRL. No offense but we can see your light and wiring right there. That to me takes away from your great looking pack. Try to hide a little better maybe just seeing the led popping out somewhere. And what's up with black Duct tape on cone? Not knocking your enthusiasm, just your execution.

• Like 2

Preston.  To answer your question on weathering your armor, what I did was use black eyeshadow compact, and a blush brush.  Just rub the brush on the eyeshadow, and simply brush it on your armor as if you are "drybrushing."  You only need very little eyeshadow on the brush.  A little goes a long ways, and just repeat over the entire armor, helmet, and boots. 

My belt is somewhat weathered naturally(I never clean it). 

I did not seal my weathering so I could wipe off all of it when I wanted to.  Meguiars Rubbing Compound took the eyeshadow right off with minimal effort.  I am sure Novus polish would do the same as well.

Take a look at my build thread and HWT Centurion app to get a glimpse of what I did and how I did it.

It is super easy to do! 

• Like 3

I checked out your Build and Centurion App. If the Blush is easy to take off, then I will certainly be doing research on the best kind of make-up to use... ........ :blink: :blink: :blink:

Yup, make up. WOW. lol FISD never ceases to amaze me. Thanks again Andrew!

Edited by Pretzel
  • Like 1

Andrew is spot-on with that advice, Preston. I found the eye shadow/blush brush at a "Dollar" store, and works perfectly.  It actually stays on quite well, and just needs a touch-up now and again.  It only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to clean off the armor when you need to go shiny white TK.

• Like 1

Here's my pack with hidden mods. Chase lights hidden on seam of main pack controlled by top button on top left box. Flasing red led on left side of radio. Top of radio holds DVD player. With ESB playing 90% of the time! Enjoy!4230cd16643cb92ce5196f3b34f42d82.jpgd005b7c38038fc3f369351b92898157b.jpg2aba98253a845272e0f918e2c9d310e0.jpga54f572796f88ac2cf27cb75b865dbc7.jpg406ac7f0a5a28cb87ebf67f7910dc668.jpg

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The screen is actually bigger. The movie is wide screen.ughh! The pack is a hit at con's, I always have someone watching my back.I'm sure if you try you can hide yours, the trick is hide. Hope to see you in the Advanced Tactics soon!

Here's my pack with hidden mods. Chase lights hidden on seam of main pack controlled by top button on top left box. Flasing red led on left side of radio. Top of radio holds DVD player. With ESB playing 90% of the time! Enjoy!4230cd16643cb92ce5196f3b34f42d82.jpgd005b7c38038fc3f369351b92898157b.jpg2aba98253a845272e0f918e2c9d310e0.jpga54f572796f88ac2cf27cb75b865dbc7.jpg406ac7f0a5a28cb87ebf67f7910dc668.jpg

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I love those mods.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

• Like 1

In regards to weathering, I use silver washable paint on my pack and black washable paint on my armor. So, if I want to be a shiny, all i have to do is wipe it off. Takes about an hour to do.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

• Like 1