Firefox 3 and the FISD

Bigturc

Guys,

I'm not totaly sure it's ok to post this here .. but I thought I'd still ask. Admin, of course feel free to delete everything if it doesn't make sense .. :D

So, since I got Firefox 3, the FISD (and BSN) create HUGE CPU spike when browsing the site .. and I mean, everything gets real bad. The lag it creates is quite a pain in the a very impolite person.

I've read around on the net that it's due to the page's background but haven't found a solution yet.

Does anybody know a solution for this or actually have the same issue?

Thanks,

Al

I've got FireFox 3 and have not noticed a difference on the FISD. Could be you cache settings forcing the background images to reload every time you load a page.

LOL OMG .. It reminds me when I was using a 14.4 Zoltrix modem back in 1990 to access BBS and discussion forums (cause there sure was no internet back then)!!!

Well, just to follow up, yes, of course it helps, but I definitely think my PC can take the site as it is .. I might just have to revert back to FF2 in the meantime!

Are you on Vista? I've seen this on my Vista machine, but I'm running FF3 on several XP boxes and haven't had that problem on them.

You might try using the lo-fi version of this website http://forum.whitearmor.net/lofiversion/index.php and see if it speeds you up any.

I didn't even know that existed. Ya learn something new every day.

I didn't even know that existed. Ya learn something new every day.

I use the lo-fi when I'm out with my psp. You can barely see the lo-fi link at the bottom of every fisd page. You can see it if you highlight it.

You might try using the lo-fi version of this website http://forum.whitearmor.net/lofiversion/index.php and see if it speeds you up any.

Man, talk about primitive. :P

Still, I can see it being useful when on a mobile device, especially if you're connecting over GSM or some other cell phone technology.

Me too - it turned out to be a heat issue with my laptop. Has been running fine in the cooler temps.