Battlefront Magma Trooper Pack Build

I HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.  PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39911-battlefront-magma-trooper-pack-build-v2/

After many discussions with members and research on the different ways this pack can be constructed, I have decided to pursue building the Battlefront Magma Trooper Pack.

Below are 2 reference photos of the pack.  These were posted by other members in different forums.

The components are definitely more difficult to obtain than the HWT and Sandtrooper Pack, so the build is going to take longer than usual.  I will do my best to post step by step photos for those wishing to build there own.  Once I complete the build, I will most likely start building these to sell, if I can actually build this thing.  This one is definitely going to put my Engineering skills to the test.

Reference Photos:

TK4_zpsriwmdadx.png

image_zps0yttoq2l.jpeg

Edited by CrookKnight
  • Like 2

I managed to purchase some parts yesterday.  While I wait on the pvc panels to get here, I need to figure out the inner workings of the pack.  It appears this would need to be a tank that I can only guess would hold air (like a scuba tank).  The shape is difficult to determine.  I am looking at different shaped containers close to that of a milk carton.

Below are some items that I picked up for some of the components.  Originally I was going to go with 3" pvc for the 2 tanks within the Fins, but it would not be accurate, even though it would work.

yJMhzAd.jpg?1

• Like 2

I found 2 different bottles that might work.  The only issue is the smaller version costs $11 each and the larger version costs $45 each.  Kind of pricey, so I am looking for an alternative that is cheaper.  If anyone knows of anything close, let me know. 

See pictures below:

YcXEOug.png

Pm14dpj.png

• Like 1

I found 2 different bottles that might work. The only issue is the smaller version costs $11 each and the larger version costs $45 each. Kind of pricey, so I am looking for an alternative that is cheaper. If anyone knows of anything close, let me know.

See pictures below:

YcXEOug.png

Pm14dpj.png

Is this for the double gas canisters on the bottom?

Shaun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is this for the double gas canisters on the bottom?

Shaun

No.  For those I will use the same type of canister shown in another thread.  I think they used spray sunscreen bottles.

This is for the large canisters that are embeded within the 10 Fins (1/4 PVC panels).  It appears that the top valve and the bottom valve along with the 2 small canisterts run through the large ones.

Still not sure what the purpose of the plate and hatch on the left side of the pack is for?  This is going to be a challenge to find.  If I cannot find, I will have to create something.

• Like 1

No. For those I will use the same type of canister shown in another thread. I think they used spray sunscreen bottles.

This is for the large canisters that are embeded within the 10 Fins (1/4 PVC panels). It appears that the top valve and the bottom valve along with the 2 small canisterts run through the large ones.

Still not sure what the purpose of the plate and hatch on the left side of the pack is for? This is going to be a challenge to find. If I cannot find, I will have to create something.

I see what you mean now. Sometimes I wish we could just send a tweet to the game designers and get their direct input on how they designed it!

I see what you mean now. Sometimes I wish we could just send a tweet to the game designers and get their direct input on how they designed it!

That sounds like a good idea. Why don't you give it a try.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

• Like 1

I finally received the ABS material I need to create the 10 Fins portion of the Pack.  See pictures below.  I also have finally made a decision on the containers I would use for the 2 tanks (I am assuming air tanks) that protrude through the fins.  The 2 containers are floor cleaning containers.  I think the shape of them is pretty cool.  I should be able to hook to the top threads and drill into the bottom for the connections.

20161112_163206_zpsjmjuawfj.jpg

Here is the black ABS (1/4") that I will be using for the 10 Fins.

20161112_154459_zpskbcynrmi.jpg

20161112_154442_zpsnvqiyjkp.jpg

• Like 1

While I think I can create the pack and the tube going to the front of the helmet, I know that I cannot build the piece at the front of the helmet.  As you can see the tube connects to the helmet where the 2 Hovi Mic Tips usually go and there is also a red light.  If there is anyone reading this that thinks they may have a source for where I can get these or knows someone that could make these for me, please let me know.  Thank you.

Magma%20Face%20Shot_zpsxwy2tv4n.jpg

• Like 1

While I think I can create the pack and the tube going to the front of the helmet, I know that I cannot build the piece at the front of the helmet. As you can see the tube connects to the helmet where the 2 Hovi Mic Tips usually go and there is also a red light. If there is anyone reading this that thinks they may have a source for where I can get these or knows someone that could make these for me, please let me know. Thank you.

Magma%20Face%20Shot_zpsxwy2tv4n.jpg

I'll ask the boys over at Back Stage Props too - they're good friends and may be able to help out.

• Like 1

I'd probably need to work with you to ensure that the interface points to the helmet work with whatever maker you have. I'm guessing they aren't all going to fit similar to my AP helmet so I'd want to ensure it suits yours specifically.

Yeah, you'll need to work with a RotJ style bucket.

• Like 1

I'll ask the boys over at Back Stage Props too - they're good friends and may be able to help out.

Thanks. That would be great.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

Hmmm...All i have is a ANH bucket.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

I was under the impression it was ROTJ armor with ANH bucket painted up to look ROTJ. But I could have misunderstood.
  • Like 1

Hmmm...All i have is a ANH bucket.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

Btw - I wonder if you could have strong magnets on the mouth guard and the Bucket for easy attachment / removal - could then do the same with the aerators if you wanted to go regular TK

• Like 1

Btw - I wonder if you could have strong magnets on the mouth guard and the Bucket for easy attachment / removal - could then do the same with the aerators if you wanted to go regular TK

Not a bad idea.

TK/HWT 10204

501st Imperial Attaché

Carolina Garrison

• Like 1